brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

VW friendly sites in europe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

Cabin : Club

VW friendly sites in europe Empty
PostSubject: VW friendly sites in europe   VW friendly sites in europe EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Well basically almost any site is bay friendly: however a few really stand out.

About 15k out of Carcassonne is Moulin St- Annehttp://www.moulindesainteanne.com/gb.html Nice pitches small village a really good facilities

West of San sebastion in Spain possibly the site with the best views in europe Gran Camping Zarautahttp://www.grancampingzarautz.com/index_en.html. Loads of buses on this site as it is a bit of a surf haven

Almost any Croatian site is good but expensive and usually crowded

For the friendliest service you have to go into the pyrennee South of Pau in the Ossau Valley is the small site of Camping le Reyhttp://www.camping-pyrenees-ossau.com/en/index.html. It may be small but it is a great site and great access if you want to explore some of the best cols of the Tour de France

VW friendly sites in europe Daphne10

Daphne at Camping Le Rey 2008

Last edited by belgiumbay on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: VW friendly sites in europe   VW friendly sites in europe EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:01 am

Many thanks for the recommendations - I'm planning to take my bus to France next year so your info is much appreciated.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

VW friendly sites in europe Melogo11
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: VW friendly sites in europe   VW friendly sites in europe EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:13 pm

If you are not travelling with children and can be totally self sufficient then the best way to travel France is by using the Aire d' service d' campingcar - every village has at least one many are totally free - some have water and flushing facilities -some even have electric, though you usually need to get jettons (tokens) from the mayor office (hotel de ville).

Two ways to find them buy a guide book - in the UK you can get a translation version from vicariousbooks.co.uk or from any french motorhome or camping store - any store that is part of the masters group has a really good one for about 12 euros

But possibly the best way to find them is just to look out for the european camping car sign in any village or town

pic below is not one of mine but does show the sign and an example of a good pitch

VW friendly sites in europe 1589596946_afd3536807
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: VW friendly sites in europe   VW friendly sites in europe EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Belgiumbay - Great suggestsions (I may take a look next year if I can get the time away from work!). Danbury have a 'road trip' section on our web site to help new Brazilian bay owners find good places to visit. Any chance you could upload these suggestion there? www.danburymotorcaravans.com HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW friendly sites in europe   VW friendly sites in europe Empty

Back to top Go down

VW friendly sites in europe
Page 1 of 1