brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Camping and Caravanning Club

Go down 
+12
Sunny
Matt
belgiumbay
Roobarb
AbsintheKombi
osg
Scooby
Skytiger
MarcusH
TimV
Tallulah
pastymaster
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KC

KC

Cabin : Economy

Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I got that as well this morning. Looks like quite a nice idea - 'pinboards' of user photos of campsite, plus a nice simple search facility by unit type and distance.

Will have a longer look this evening
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

For Europe we use a mix of Alan Rodgers and the acsi eurocamping iPhone apps for reference -both cover the uk as well. Though we have not pre booked a site for about 6 years including the few times we have taken the risk of British summers - well actually the few days

Getting an acsi card is certainly worth it's weight if only as it can be used as rather than giving up your passport - still don't understand why the uk is so against I'd cards - now that we no longer have Belgium ones and have to rely on only having a UK passport the acsi card has become vital.

Back to top Go down
Rebeldog

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 pm

We have joined the C&CC. Only time will tell if it is good value. Can't say I am impressed by the mag, but hope to use 1 of their sites in May. If you use one of their sites regularly, it must be a good idea. In our case, I'm not sure if it is a good decision.
Have got an ACSI card for our French trip in September, that looks a really good thing out of high season.
Back to top Go down
elliec

elliec

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm

We joined C&CC a couple of years ago & have used a couple of sites which were really nice. haven't worked out if we've saved much but I did like the online booking.
Best thing for me tho was cheaper insurance through them rather than safeguard. It'll be interesting to see if its cheaper again this year!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 pm

elliec wrote:
We joined C&CC a couple of years ago & have used a couple of sites which were really nice. haven't worked out if we've saved much but I did like the online booking.
Best thing for me tho was cheaper insurance through them rather than safeguard. It'll be interesting to see if its cheaper again this year!

Get a quote from Comfort Insurance, they have consistently been the lowest quote for anyone who has contacted them.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
elliec

elliec

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Get a quote from Comfort Insurance, they have consistently been the lowest quote for anyone who has contacted them.

Thanks Tallulah - I was planning on shopping around again this year & had Comfort on my list based on what people had said on the forum. This forum is sooooooo useful.

x
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

I tried Comfort Insurance but due to my van not being a Danbury Conversion they weren't able to offer me a quote. They have a list of approved conversion companies. I know this will only apply to a small number of vans. No problems with Sureterm or Adrain Flux
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Tallulah said
Quote :
Get a quote from Comfort Insurance, they have consistently been the lowest quote for anyone who has contacted them

Not the case for us - by far the highest quote ever.
osg
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 pm

osg wrote:
Tallulah said
Quote :
Get a quote from Comfort Insurance, they have consistently been the lowest quote for anyone who has contacted them

osg

That's strange did they mention anything specific that pushed the price up?

Let me rephrase to "lowest quote for most who have contacted them".

________________________________________________________________________________
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 am

Tallulah said

osg

Tallulah said
That's strange did they mention anything specific that pushed the price up?

They only said that premiums are decided on individual factors and location etc. - but then these would be the details given to other insurers. Nothing specific mentioned by them. And they were unmoved when I mentioned lower quotes given to other BVWBay forum members.
osg
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

Strange indeed.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:48 pm

[Merseyside]

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Shame that insurance is such an unpredictable process for the clients, especially when it's based on statistics.
As I said above
Quote :
but then these would be the details given to other insurers.
Guess we live in a 'shop around' world.
osg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping and Caravanning Club   Camping and Caravanning Club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping and Caravanning Club
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2