brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013

Go down 
+25
harryhornet
ianclarke1970
EJ
jill
Batman
MarcusH
irishman
Lulu
docmark
Gina Tonic
Roobarb
beakyboy
Happyhouse
DesF
Dalesman
dizzylizard
Tallulah
JLS 62
AbsintheKombi
dazdub
Sunny
kiteman
lynnand steve
Scooby
TimV
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 am

The idea of a group of us travelling together abroad has been discussed for over a year and now that a number of us have actually taken our Kombis on a Kontinental Kaper, the next step is to get a bunch of BraziBays crossing The Channel ensemble.

Update Sunday 21st October:

So let's look at the results of the poll - thank you so much if you took part.  I'm rather excited at the prospect of this club trip I have to tell you.   Smile

16 Kombi owners want to go - which in itself would be amazing.

9 are happy to go for a 7 day trip, 9 are happy to go for an 8-10 day trip.  Clearly some have ticked both boxes, so I think we'll need to see what deals we are offered and by which campsites before we can get a definitive duration. It may well end up being the case that we are at our chosen campsite for 7 nights with a day's travel at either end.  Cost will also be a contributing factor.

Mid August is most popular.

5/6 hours driving time is the preference.  Where and how we enter France, will determine how far south we go into the country for this trip.  Again cost will probably be a major factor.

15 wish to travel in convoy.  What a sight that will make!

12 plan to use an awning.

8 desire a beach location.  7 would like an inland/forest location.  Because this is a fairly even split we'll look at both options and vote again on what's available.

A campsite that offers a mix of activities and a peaceful environment is what the majority are after.

This is going to be a blast.   Cool Basketball

Update December 11th 2012

Eurocamp have now sorted a decent French campsite that will take us as a group for the dates that were the most popular.  The itinerary is as follows:

Sunday 11th August - depart Portsmouth @2015on Brittany Ferries for St. Malo.

Monday 12th August - arrive St. Malo @0830 and motor down to La Foret campsite, St. Julien, Vendee.

Tuesday 20th August - depart La Foret early to arrive in Caen for afternoon 1630 ferry back to Portsmouth.

The prices are as follows:
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 France11

This is a great deal for us that Eurocamp have put together.  You will need to add fuel and road toll costs to these prices.

You can see more about where we're going by clicking here and their direct website can be found here.

NB: These prices are held for us until 10th January so I will need to know definitive numbers by then.  They are based on a minimum of 10 Kombis going, they may go up if fewer actually go, so hopefully all those who have indicated they would like to join in, will confirm.  If you are definitely up for this trip please let me know so asap.

Each Kombi will need to pay a £100 deposit by 10th January, the remainder will be payable 10 weeks before travel.  Any questions please contact me.

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Lafore10
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Lafore11
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Lafore12
Photos courtesy of Eurocamp.

Konfirmed Kontinental Kombi Krew

1. TimV - Air
2. Absinthe - Aqua
3. Dalesman - Aqua
4. dazdub - Air
5. Sunny - Aqua
6. Happyhouse - Air
7. MarcusH - Aqua
8. lilyvdub - Aqua
9. Batman - Aqua
10. HelenBay - Aqua
11. Lulu - Aqua
12. JLS 62 - Air

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Sj110
Courtesy of twip.org
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Sj210
Courtesy of france-golf-tours.com
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Sj310
Courtesy of francethisway.com
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Sj410
Courtesy of flickriver.com
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Sj610
Courtesy of keycamp.co.uk

This is how Keycamp.co.uk describe the campsite:
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Lafore10

The ship we're travelling out on : Bretagne
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Bretag10
The ship we're travelling back on: Mont-St-Michel
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Montst10
Ferry photos courtesy of Brittany Ferries.

Here's the route we'll be taking on the outward journey:

View Larger Map

Stop point: There is a Total Relais services (Aire de Pommeniac) just south of Bain de Bretagne, approximately half way.  We'll be taking a break here for food, fuel and to re-group should we have lost anyone on the way.

... and the return route to Caen:

View Larger Map

Stop B is a break point for lunch and refuel at a shopping centre just outside of Liffre.  The route back has no Aires on our side of the road and this seems the best place to get grub, fuel, park the BraziBays easily and get any bits we might need from the Intermarche there.  Caen is 1hr 30m from here.

Taking these routes we avoid paying tolls.

Here are the postcodes/coordinates to plug into your satnav should you wish to:

Outbound stop: Aire de Pommeniac 35470 Bain-de-Bretagne, 35.
Lege (via point to campsite): Rue des Sables 44650, 44.
La Foret Campsite: N 46.64320 W 001.71198
Inbound stop: Lande de Beauge 35340 Liffre, 35.
Caen ferry port: N 49.28401 W 000.24969

Make sure you have switched your units into Kms and disabled any speed camera alerting function, as these are banned in France.

Here’s a list of items you MUST have on-board your Kombi to legally drive in France:

1. Headlight Beam Convertors
2. GB Sticker
3. Hi Viz Vest – one for each person on-board
4. Spare Bulb Kit
5. Warning Triangle
6. 2 Breathalysers (under review but so cheap worth having)

In addition, the following are recommended:

1. Fire Extinguisher
2. First Aid Kit

You MUST have the following documents on-board:

1. Full Valid Driving Licence (both parts – paper and card if you have the latest type)
Suggest you photocopy this to keep copy at home.
2. Vehicle Registration Document V5 (original) – suggest you photocopy this to keep copy at home.
3. Insurance Certificate
4. Passports

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arrival in Portsmouth Sunday 11th August

View Larger Map

A = pay and display street parking available should you arrive early
B = Shell petrol station - please fill up before boarding the ferry
C = Entrance to Brittany Ferries Check-In

I've tried to find somewhere we could all meet up before heading into the ferry check-in but unfortunately unless we meet miles out of town, we are very restricted for places where we can park a large number of campervans.  However next to the Morrisons/Dreams stores in Flathouse Road there seems (using Google Streetview) to be a number of spaces on the roadside, which unfortunately are Pay and Display 24/7 (probably to stop overnight camping near to the ferry) at point A on the map, where if you arrive early on the Sunday I suggest you park up.

Update 3rd August: I've been on a recce of this meet-up point this evening - glad I did.  To access Flathouse Road and the Morrisons, you need to go around the roundabout to the right of point A and then head back in the direction of the Shell garage/ferry port and then take the first turn to the left (signposted to the Naval Port.) The Morrisons car park closes 1 hour after the shop does ie. anyone arriving before 5pm will be able to park in there free and after 5 you can park in the street at a cost of £1.10 per hour.  The road was empty when I was there at 1830 today so it's a good location.
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Iphone47
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Iphone48

Other folk had chosen to park up in the Morrisons car park this evening pre-ferry check-in.  There was a trendy old Citroen DS with an Eriba caravan and some motorhome contraption!
Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Iphone49

Regardless of when you arrive, could I please urge everyone to fill up their tanks (first click remember!) at the Shell station at point B if you haven't already done so heading into Portsmouth.  This is to enable us to get to our stop point in France without having to break off for fuel.

Then point C is Check-In at Brittany Ferries.

Effectively we are travelling as a group and Brittany Ferries require us to be there 90 mins before departure (it would be nice to board Bretagne together - if anything as it'll look amazing!)  Therefore I propose the following timetable:

> 1815 Arrive Portsmouth - park in Flathouse Road
1815 - 1845 Fill up at Shell
1845 Check-In at Brittany Ferries Terminal
2015 Ship departs

NB: please remember to pack an overnight bag for use on the ferry.  The cabins are good but not huge so lugging large bags up from the car decks is not a great idea.  Bretagne has a number of restaurants and a great bar at the stern.  I suggest we congregate there during the evening for a celebratory drink!  cheers

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 am; edited 52 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:57 am

Hey Guys
Mrs Scooby is celebrating a special birthday next year which means a big trip is the planning stage at present.
This unfortunately means with all our other plans we will not have enough holiday left to join the French Kombi Kaper Sad
Hope it all goes well though and maybe we can join the 2014 expedition!
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
lynnand steve

lynnand steve

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi we will be in France from Monday 5th August to Sunday 25th August 2013 - our mobile home is in Brittany - Le Domaine de Kerlann , www.siblu.com - if this links in with any future trips we could meet up prior to going - or if you werent to far away join up for a few days.
I may be able to help with discounted ferries as I can offer family and friends discount through siblu.
Also check out the area it's stunning, drive from Caen 4 hours ,St malo 2.5 hours, Roscloff 1.5 hours.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Scooby wrote:
Hey Guys
Mrs Scooby is celebrating a special birthday next year

21st Wink

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 pm

kiteman wrote:
Scooby wrote:
Hey Guys
Mrs Scooby is celebrating a special birthday next year

21st Wink

Yep . . . and then some!

Lucky she does not look at the Forum much (ouch) she was looking over my shoulder

Rooby Roo
flower

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 pm

My answers are a bit vague, I'm afraid. I don't know whether I would have the girls or not and that would to a degree impact upon journey length, type of camp and trip duration. Likewise time available for length of trip.

But it sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Can't wait will be ace Smile
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Did I ever mention that we went to France this year? Embarassed

We're up for it, of course, will be a great trip.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Tim - how about having the option of 'child friendly'
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 pm

JLS 62 wrote:
Hi Tim - how about having the option of 'child friendly'

In what context do you mean? The campsite? If it is then surely that is encapsulated by Activity? That's how I read it.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi Tim - sorry - yes, I did mean the campsite. Simple misunderstanding - I read it as activity - adult activities - cycling etc.

See you soon hopefully.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Ok Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks for all your input so far folks. Good job. Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 am

Have completed the poll but, as with many people, the critical factor will be the date(s).

We won't be able to leave until the summer school holidays begin and this year pretty much the whole of August was booked up for rentals by May/June so the earlier we can get dates in the diary the better.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:56 am

The poll closes on Sunday 21st October, so we ought to be able to establish the dates shortly after that.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm

We may well be interested, but can't commit at present. I haven't filled in the poll as yet, but when the majority have decided, we will be happy to fall in with everyone else, if that's OK.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm

All together now:

"12 New Kombis sailing across the sea,
12 New Kombis sailing across the sea,
And if 1 New Kombi, should accidentally .... " Rolling Eyes pirat

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 pm

pee?

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 pm

There'll be 11 new and one wet Kombi sailing across the sea

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:34 pm

TimV wrote:
All together now:

. . . flee - There will be 11 New Kombis sailing across the sea

11 New Kombis sailing of to France,
And if 1 New Kombi finds out he cannot dance,
There will be 10 New Kombis sailing of to France

10 New Kombis sailing of . . .

Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Scooby wrote:
TimV wrote:
All together now:

. . . flee - There will be 11 New Kombis sailing across the sea

And if 1 New Kombi finds out he cannot dance,
There will be 10 New Kombis sailing of to France

10 New Kombis...... . . .

10 new Kombis driving dans la rue*
10 new Kombis driving dans la rue
and if 1 new Kombi forgets to pack the loo
There will be 9 new Kombis driving dans la rue

9 new Kombis........

*that's the extent of my CSE French (failed)

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 pm

9 new Kombi's driving down the street
9 new Kombi's in line, all looking sweet,
and if one new Kombi stops off at a Gite,
There'd still be new Kombi's, ....but only huit.

8 New Kombi's.....
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
9 new Kombi's driving down the street
9 new Kombi's in line, all looking sweet,
and if one new Kombi stops off at a Gite,
There'd still be new Kombi's, ....but only huit.

8 New Kombi's.....

8 new kombis driving around a town
8 new kombis driving around a town
Then one new kombi stopped; it'd broken down

So there were seven new kombis..
Back to top Go down
DesF

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Fortunately we are retired and do our continental travel in June and September. Recommend the ACSI camping card which gives u a very good choice of sites (844 in France) at 12, 14, or 16 Euro plus local taxes and including electricity and showers. Very good value u can save a lot at coastal sites, cost of card books etc £14
Cannot use in most of July and August.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm

So far it's looking like 14 BraziBays, in convoy, for 8-10 days heading to the Vendee region of France, in mid August. How fun is that going to be!?!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next