brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Accesories of choice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gmsuk

Cabin : Exec 061

Accesories of choice Empty
PostSubject: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Thinking an inflatable canoe would be a useful accessory for Neville. ..... Anyone tried one ??
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:32 pm

I've been scanning eBay for the last month looking for one to take to France. Sevylor looks to be a good choice but it seems to very much depend on what you want to use it for. Tullulah has a good knowledge on them. I'm sure some good advice will follow.
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

Cabin : Exec 055

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:38 pm

My sevylor is great but a word of warning for France... I was told I couldn't launch at a beach as it was a boat and could only be launched at the harbour!!!
Back to top Go down
Gmsuk

Cabin : Exec 061

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Sevylor was the one I was looking at but they have a nice orange three seater in Decathlon.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 am

We wanted one that was durable, good in different conditions (sea, lake, river etc) easy to inflate and easy to control. After lots of research we bought an Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 which is a 2 seater inflatable with a semi rigid hull and skeg.

We've used it all around the UK and took it to France last year and our 9yo son can use it/control it on his own if needed - he might struggle if it was too windy or too choppy but we wouldn't tend to use it in those conditions anyway.

It sits lower in the water than many other inflatables making it less susceptible to wind and the semi rigid hull and skeg help with control. It is double skinned with 2 separate inflation chambers for safety, ie if one chamber were to fail it would not since. This is requirement on many UK lakes.

It packs up into a large bag that fits in Tallulah's boot and when we're fully loaded for a trip it goes in our trailer with all our wetsuits etc.

Accesories of choice Image16

We have have a small (2.4m) rigid hull single sit on kayak that fits inside Tallulah, strapped to the underside of the bed - I'm sure I have a pic somewhere...

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:39 am

Found it.

Accesories of choice Image17

________________________________________________________________________________
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:17 am

Oh Lordy please don't encourage him!!!! Does look good tho. Prhaps if Gary gets the canoe. I'll be able to have the tow bar and trailer. Who was it that got one cheaper than from Danbury?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:42 am

A few have now sourced detachable tow bars direct from Watling but I don't know about price, i'm sure it's in the thread somwehere:

New Tow Bar on the Market

We can discuss all things BraziBay at CJ this weekend, why not make a list of questions/thoughts and once we're done being bananas we can sit down with a beer (or cider) and discuss.... drunken

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:53 am

Good plan
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Tallulah wrote:
once we're done being bananas

Aw, is that necessary? Can't we be bananas all weekend (weather permitting)? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accesories of choice   Accesories of choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Accesories of choice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: