brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Sleepover on its way - think about generators!

Go down 
+11
Sunny
irishman
timmm
Voyager
jj123vw
greenjc90
AbsintheKombi
Tallulah
harryhornet
Scooby
TimV
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:46 am

Definitely interested. We'd use it pump up the air bed, charge phones etc and happy to donate to the charity.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 8:24 am

If you don't want to go down the generator route, I found that my solar panel worked really well last year despite it not being the sunniest of English summers. I was away for three weeks and start off with a fully charged leasure battery giving an output of 12.8v, the panel on average topped up at 13v and up to 14.5v on really sunny days.
We were using our fridge set in low, charging phones, and minimal use of lights inside the van at night, we used the electric water pump sparingly as this really draws heavily on the battery.
Hope this helps, had to post something to feel involved as I can't attend this year
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:28 am

What solar panel do you have Irishman?
As you say it is a viable alternative.

Scrap that I found it here -

solar panel
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:43 am

harryhornet wrote:
What solar panel do you have Irishman?
As you say it is a viable alternative.

Scrap that I found it here -

solar panel
That's the one, as I say very impressed with performance.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 11:44 am

This company (Photonic Universe) currently have this model on their Ebay site for £109.99 - 21% cheaper than the regular price.

Ebay Site
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:51 pm

I've been keeping an eye on the price of the latest flexible panel kits with a view to having a perminently installed panel on T's roof. It's getting close to being reasonably cost effective now so it might be time to start investigating it again.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Lidl's Parkside 1200W Portable Generator on sale from next Monday. £129.
Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 881188A4-ED81-4325-8DE3-A4E7864A48A2.png_zpssgkxhkzu
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:57 pm

I dug out my 800w geni bought from Aldi a few years back - £60 or so from memory - it has been hiding in the back of my shed for at least two years. A quick clean up and it started first time! I left it running for 10 mins or so to get everything lubricated and put it away again.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 11:47 am

I've serviced my Honda. Well, changed the oil and spark plug.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Scooby has joined the generator game  Shocked

We now have the Wolf generator highlighted earlier in this thread - link: Wolf Generator

Have had no issues with it at all, compact and light weight, not too loud (can hold a conversation standing next to it).
Just need to buy and fill with oil and fuel - starts OK - one happy little camper. Smile

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Scooby wrote:

We now have the Wolf generator highlighted earlier in this thread - link: Wolf Generator

Have had no issues with it at all, compact and light weight, not too loud (can hold a conversation standing next to it).
Just need to buy and fill with oil and fuel - starts OK - one happy little camper. Smile
Dug mine out the garage pulled the chord till I had Popeyes muscles and still did not start Sad
Need to probably drain and change fuel ....next job !
Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:46 pm

200w of solar panels just commissioned on the roof. They're currently topping up the leisure and starter battery, even in the over cast skies!!! Happy days!
Back to top Go down
Sage

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Hi we would be interested in that , good idea for charity donation as well    Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:12 pm

flower flower
Tallulah wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a phone charging or leisure battery 'topup' service at the sleepover in exchange for a charity donation?

If there is enough interest then we can look at putting a plan together.
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Feliz wrote:
Scooby wrote:

Dug mine out the garage pulled the chord till I had Popeyes muscles and still did not start Sad
Need to probably drain and change fuel ....next job !
Fuel tank drained and refilled and gene now up running and ready for action !
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 10:19 pm

I reckon it'll be Sunday morning that we get the mini-generator dawn chorus!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 10:31 pm

TimV wrote:
I reckon it'll be Sunday morning that we get the mini-generator dawn chorus!
......Or sooner if we want to use our electric kettle because it's quicker than boiling on the gas hob
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:07 pm

We have all got an on board generators in our bays
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 8:16 pm

We do?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Als wrote:
We do?
yes your engine when you start it your battery is charged Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Ah
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 8:49 am

dazdub wrote:
Als wrote:
We do?
yes your engine when you start it your battery is charged Smile

That's what I call lateral thinking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleepover on its way - think about generators!   Sleepover on its way - think about generators! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleepover on its way - think about generators!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: