brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

BraziBay Pride Day

Go down 
+11
dizzylizard
gordonmac
timmm
beakyboy
wheatypete
Batman
Bileos
Bertie59
Scooby
554 BAY
AbsintheKombi
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What date should be BraziBay Pride Day?
28th February - Mardi Gras - variable
BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_lcap4%BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
23rd March - VW production started in Sao Paulo - fixed
BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_lcap19%BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 14 ]
7th September - Brazilian Independence Day - fixed
BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_lcap14%BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 10 ]
27th September - brazilianvwbay.com started - fixed
BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_lcap34%BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_rcap
 34% [ 25 ]
19th December - Last T2 Kombi rolled off the production line - fixed
BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_lcap11%BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
A day chosen each year by the brazilianvwbay community - variable
BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_lcap18%BraziBay Pride Day I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 73

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:38 am

Over the Kaper the idea of an annual day to celebrate ownership of our Kombis was discussed. We all know our campers have been the subject of criticism by a poorly informed group and we've achieved a lot to overcome that by getting out on the roads, heading trouble free to distant locations and joining in wholeheartedly at VW meets.

So let's take that a step further and have a day in the year when we show our pride in our ownership of our BraziBays. This won't be a meet-up event, rather a day when we all make sure we're out on the roads in our Kombis doing something. Whether that's doing the school run, a supermarket shop right through to camping somewhere. Whatever you choose to do on BraziBay Pride Day, you'll know that hundreds of fellow owners will be doing something in their Kombis simultaneously.

So now we need to fix a date. I suggest that it's sometime during the Spring to Autumn months as some folk put their campers in storage during the winter.  So reply with your suggestions and we'll see if there's a date that looks popular. Basketball

Update 23rd August

Many thanks to those of you who have contributed to this.  You'll now see a poll above and you've got 10 days to vote on which you feel would be the best option for our BraziBay Pride Day. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

BraziBay Pride Day Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:11 am

A great idea - how about setting up a Flickr account which we can all access to post a photo of what we did on BraziBay Pride day (as well as posting them on here and FB) - we could incorporate a sign with #BraziBayPride on it, by holding a piece of card with it written on (I'm sure we can be more inventive though).

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015

Last edited by AbsintheKombi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:17 am

AbsintheKombi wrote:
A great idea - how about setting up a Flickr account which we can all access to post a photo of what we did on BraziBay Pride day (as wella s posting them on here and FB) - we could incorporate a sign with #BraziBayPride on it, by holding a piece of card with it written on (I'm sure we can be more inventive though).

Sounds good Abs - I'm all up for spreading the word on the socials!! I may even see if I an involve my colleagues in Sky News!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 am

It might be a bit early, but what about Mardi Gras? It's February 28th, although Carnival starts on Saturday February 25th.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 12:52 pm

How about 7th September? It's Brazilian Independence Day:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(Brazil)

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
554 BAY

554 BAY

Cabin : Exec 058

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:13 am

What about 2nd September? i think it was the day Brazil started Transporter production??

Man who drops watch down toilet, has shi77y time! - Confucius
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:45 am

Good suggestions everyone. Mine would be September 27th - day I started the forum.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:22 pm

We would suggest a weekend day so that everyone has the opportunity to use their Kombi.
On week days we doo not use Scooby and there would probably be others too.
Would be good to be dooing something with Scooby rather than just seeing him on the drive!
Could make it the first Saturday/Sunday (or even weekend) in September - or the last etc. (or in fact any other month).

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Surely though, using it on the same day is the point, especially if we have to make an effort to get out in our vans. A local trip after the working day would make you smile even more.

Star Kombi Winner 2015

Last edited by AbsintheKombi on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm with Abs on that one Scoobs. Take your camper to work that day!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Sorry, some of us have to travel and work long hours in our job Smile

BTW Our proposal still meant we would all still doo something with our Kombi on the same day each year, but not a fixed date.

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bertie59

Cabin : Club

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Sounds a great idea as we should all feel tremendous pride owning such wonderful vehicles that make us all smile irrespective of what some people say and they don't even own an original! You get to a time in life when having fun is more important than repairing vehicles on the side of the road!
Back to top Go down
Bileos

Bileos

Cabin : Exec 005

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 am

I agree this is a great way to celebrate the Brazilian Bay. Not sure when but how about using the date that the last Brazilian rolled off the production line, this could be a great date to remember as it was the end of something very special. I think it was sometime in August and maybe too late for this year?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Tbh I think the last T2 actually rolled off the line much later in 2013, which would make it difficult for some to be out in their Kombis.

I'll put a poll up shortly so we can get a vote on it.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Many thanks to those of you who have contributed to this.  You'll now see a poll above and you've got 7 days to vote on which you feel would be the best option for our BraziBay Pride Day. Basketball

After some research on the suggestions, I noted that the date for Mardi Gras changes each year and that VW production in Brazil started on March 23rd 1953, with just 12 employees in Sao Paulo! That got out of hand then!!! Very Happy

@brazilianvwbay

Last edited by TimV on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 6:09 pm

TimV wrote:
Many thanks to those of you who have contributed to this.  You'll now see a poll above and you've got 7 days to vote on which you feel would be the best option for our BraziBay Pride Day. Basketball

After some research on the suggestions, I noted that the date for Mardi Gras (New Orleans) changes each year and that VW production in Brazil started on March 23rd 1953, with just 12 employees in Sao Paulo! That got out of hand then!!! Very Happy

When I suggested Mardi Gras I was referring to Rio de Janeiro Carnival, not New Orleans. Up north we would call it pancake day!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Voyager wrote:
TimV wrote:

After some research on the suggestions, I noted that the date for Mardi Gras (New Orleans) changes each year and that VW production in Brazil started on March 23rd 1953, with just 12 employees in Sao Paulo! That got out of hand then!!! Very Happy

When I suggested Mardi Gras I was referring to Rio de Janeiro Carnival, not New Orleans. Up north we would call it pancake day!

I was going via Google search and the below link Voyager:

http://www.riocarnaval.org/carnival-date/rio-carnival-2017.html

I'll remove the New Orleans ref.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

Cabin : Exec 072

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 pm

From my point of view - there would be a few considerations:
a) It would want to be at a time of year when it is relatively comfortable to camp - we've got the Eberspacher but cold mornings are not my faves!
b) It would ideally not be too near a Bank Hols
c) Weekends are great
My pref of the list is Sept 27th - Birthday of the Club - Or the weekend before/after.
Great idea though.....
Back to top Go down
wheatypete

wheatypete

Cabin : Club

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Fab idea! Why not put a page up on the site to get a flavour from captioned photo's of all the things our bays get up to on that day? Whether it is dawn, sunset, journey to work or the school run doesn't really matter - if there's a will then there will be a bay-way.
Back to top Go down
https://wheatypetesworld.wordpress.com/
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 7:09 am

Keep voting folks!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 8:32 am

I think a fixed day could lessen the opportunity of a regional/national coming together of vans to celebrate together for those who'd so wish. I therefore think I'll vote for a day chosen by the Brazibay Community in the hope we could have more communal gatherings giving more people the opportunity to involve themselves in our fantastic group.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:37 am

What about the last date of the Olympics in Rio? its a Brazilian thing, and a British thing, its in August and a weekend as well, and when all the pictures are sent in of the bays we could all have a vote for the top 3 pic awarding them Bronze, silver and Gold.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 12:22 pm

oops... didn't realise you'd started voting, should have looked first i suppose.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
TimV
Admin
TimV

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Keep voting please - only a few days to go.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BraziBay Pride Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Pride Day   BraziBay Pride Day Empty

Back to top Go down

BraziBay Pride Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next