brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Vrt in Ireland

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi I don't know if anyone could help me, I live in Ireland and brought a English Brazilian and want to change it to Irish plates my problem is they don't have any over here and they need to value mine and then charge me 30% of the value in tax  to bring it in, I think if I can find three for sale the same as mine and show them how much they are they average the three price so my question is does anyone have any ads of 04 campers that are cheap so I don't have to pay as much Vrt, hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Sorry, I'm a bit confused.....

Is the 30% like an import tax thats a one off payment?

Do you need to change to Irish plates, or buy can you buy a private plate to get round it?

I'm possibly misunderstanding your situation....

Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah it's like a tax the Irish charged when you bring a car in and yes one off payment, very expensive I will get away with driving it for a while but we have customs road blocks sometimes and they can take the car off you until you pay it, it's a big con. If they look up the price of Brazilians they are all around 20-25k so if I found a few which were cheaper I maybe able to show them and then pay less, sorry it's 13% but that's still slot just to change it over I would rather not but I think I will have to

Brigid S likes this post

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Ah okay.... thought 30% was a bit steep!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Can you not do what lots of Brits do with their UK registered cars in Europe? Every now and then, drive it back to the UK so the period it is permanently on Irish roads is segmented? I've known a few people do this with holiday properties abroad. That way your camper can stay on its UK registration.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Vrt in Ireland  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Looking at the regs Tim, (not looked at them all) but not sure if that would suffice. All seems a bit harsh compared with UK regs.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/leaflets/temporary-exemption-foreign-registered.html

If I remember Rachelvw, didn't you buy it with a broken engine, which would mean you hopefully got it cheaper than normal. Won't the authorities accept a copy of the receipt as proof of cost, as a basis for the registration tax, it might save a few pounds.
Back to top Go down
Brigid S

Cabin : Economy

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Really interested if you managed to import your van to Ireland, Rachel? I’d like to do the same.   Vrt in Ireland  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 11:51 pm

Rachelvw wrote:
Yeah it's like a tax the Irish charged when you bring a car in and yes one off payment, very expensive I will get away with driving it for a while but we have customs road blocks sometimes and they can take the car off you until you pay it, it's a big con. If they look up the price of Brazilians they are all around 20-25k so if I found a few which were cheaper I maybe able to show them and then pay less, sorry it's 13% but that's still slot just to change it over I would rather not but I think I will have to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vrt in Ireland  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vrt in Ireland    Vrt in Ireland  Empty

Back to top Go down

Vrt in Ireland
Page 1 of 1