brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasmin

Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems Empty
PostSubject: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptyThu May 23, 2024 9:34 am

Hi out there !!!
Just wondering if anyone has experienced an issue with the 1.4 water cooled engine in their Bus!! “Brazillian Bay”

For a few weeks now my engine when idling has sporadic revs - up and down can’t / doesn’t settle .
If I try to keep the revs at 2000 . It does the same thing just has a mind of it’s own.

In fact I had issues with emissions at its last MOT. Although the garage managed to pass it !! “ Just within limits “

I’ve been told it could be air leak on intake somewhere on engine, or something to do with the accelerator cable/wire don’t know how that operates with this engine setup….

Any ideas …
Grateful 🙏 for any suggestions or feedback…
Thanks

Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptyThu May 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Hi have a search for resetting the accelerator. Tim

Jasmin likes this post

Back to top Go down
lukevk

lukevk

Cabin : Exec 083

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptyThu May 23, 2024 7:56 pm

Could be faulty lambda sensor/s

Jasmin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.vankampers.co.uk/brazilian-vw-t2-kombi-spares/
Favguy

Favguy

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptyFri May 24, 2024 12:04 am

I'd suggest the first job is to get an OBD reader on it, that should give a good indication of what's failing and then go from there, it could be allsorts...

Jasmin likes this post

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptyFri May 24, 2024 10:56 am

Yep check diagnostics.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems Melogo11

Jasmin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jasmin

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptySun May 26, 2024 11:27 am

Thanks for all your suggestions I was told possible air leak on intake somewhere but I will get someone to do diagnostic … hopefully they will understand what’s found in the error codes if any, as I know sometimes the error codes can be just an indication and if the mechanic or auto electrician doesn’t know the vehicle they can just be fishing for the possible cause.

Once I get it sorted or find out, and find out what the cause is, I will let you guys know …

Just in case someone else experiences the same issues.

I’ve been also told that the engine is not UK or European spec!!!
Obviously 🙄 it’s built in Brazil … and some mechanics I’ve seen have told me they can’t or don’t know where to get parts for the engine …..
Is that correct or can we get VW parts for the engine if needed ?
Should it be straightforward to work on and get parts such as water pump belts etc….?

Thanks 🙏 again !!!

Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptySun May 26, 2024 1:57 pm

Jasmin wrote:
Thanks for all your suggestions I was told possible air leak on intake somewhere but I will get someone to do diagnostic … hopefully they will understand what’s found in the error codes if any, as I know sometimes the error codes can be just an indication and if the mechanic or auto electrician doesn’t know the vehicle they can just be fishing for the possible cause.

Once I get it sorted or find out, and find out what the cause is, I will let you guys know …

Just in case someone else experiences the same issues.

I’ve been also told that the engine is not UK or European spec!!!
Obviously 🙄 it’s built in Brazil … and some mechanics I’ve seen have told me they can’t or don’t know where to get parts for the engine …..
Is that correct or can we get VW parts for the engine if needed ?
Should it be straightforward to work on and get parts such as water pump belts etc….?

Thanks 🙏 again !!!

Problem is generally most people are pretty mediocre at what they do, this includes many mechanics. Faced with anything slightly different to bog standard routine and they can't be bothered, or freak out lol! Most of the engine parts are same as the Fox 1.4 as it's the same engine, but with Kombi specific management, with a little cross referencing to the Fox, you can find equivalent parts, sensors and such. Kombi specific stuff that may be slightly more obscure can be sourced from Brazil by Luke on here, ( https://www.vankampers.co.uk/brazilian-vw-t2-kombi-spares/ ) or other Brazilian part importers.

The engine is run of the mill 2000 era water cooled VW design, diagnostics and repair is no issue at all for any one who's remotely competent. (which, sadly, is far fewer than it should be these days!)
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptySun May 26, 2024 6:01 pm

I am not pretty mediocre what I do !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems EmptySun May 26, 2024 7:41 pm

Dennis wrote:
I am not pretty mediocre what I do !!!!!

Me neither! Comment was an observation of people in general that I've had dealings with over the last few decades, I know a few of us are still exceptional. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems   Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Water cooled 1.4 Engine Problems
Page 1 of 1