brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!

Go down 
+12
AbsintheKombi
Bumble
Skytiger
Feliz
dizzylizard
Scooby
harryhornet
irishman
Tallulah
Surfwagen Stan
beakyboy
TimV
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Glad everything got sorted, was the brake problem caused by sticking handbrake cables, as I alluded to on fbas being my problem. I have a copy of the service item list from a 'dealership' and the only extra in a major service is check sparkplugs, engine flush, and check tracking. Gearbox oil is only changed by request. No reason to remove engine sump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi. Not sure about brakes although ray c said it could be caused by driving with hand brake on.

Yes I too have the 'list'. I can't see how so much degeneration could take place with so few journeys.
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Glad nev is back to full health
First comment , in anticipation of an inevitable towing event at some point , we hand the brand team fit a tow hook. Obviously that will be a stress reliever.
Second comment . The more you hear about dealerships and failures soon after that should/arguably should have been detected,the more I think its better to get work done at the smaller independent places like brand.
Anyway good news that it's behind you
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 11:21 am

Just for arguments sake the sump leaking could happen after service, the tyres could also have happened after service was pressure correct before journey however was garage's recommended pressure correct? The brake shoes for me should have been noticed at the last service. The wheels should have been removed in order to remove the drums to enable shoes to be inspected as well as wheel cylinders. The person removing the wheel would hopefully have noticed any issue that was present with the tyre and the shoes would at the very least show signs of uneven wear if not more damage. Which both point to incorrect adjustment at a previous point/service. Might handbrake cables been adjusted rather than at the backing plate in order to pass an MOT?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 11:41 am

I had a discussion with PB post this incident and he routinely checks the sump nuts on the 1.4s. It's a known characteristic of the engine that they can work loose. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 12:05 pm

For me. I have lost trust, sadly, with the dealership we bought Neville from. I know nothing about mechanics so have to trust in the people I pay a lot of money to regularly to ensure the vehicle is safe.

Had we driven thousands of km since the service, been reckless etc then fair enough. But 4 or 5 straight forward journeys I don't think should have resulted in this weeks findings.

So. I'm glad it's sorted. I'm glad we're safe.

I am in friendly and hopefully helpful discussion with the new man at the dealership. I think it's sad that they have a poor reputation for customer service and after care. I will update you on any outcomes.

I would however say to those of you solely using this dealer to please be aware and def get a tow hitch fitted.

Also having had a trite response to my complaint to the RAC think about an alternative roadside provider.

However if you need a tow truck - EGERTONS - we're fab

Now. Next adventure off tomorrow to pick up Eric
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Als wrote:
Next adventure off tomorrow to pick up Eric

Very envious - will we see Eric next weekend?

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Well I wouldn't like to tempt fate after this week but hopefully
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Als wrote:
Well I wouldn't like to tempt fate after this week but hopefully

Cool Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

Als wrote:
and def get a tow hitch fitted.

Paul fitted ours last year cheers

P.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 3:11 pm

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's what organisations do after an error occurs that really matters.

All service industries are reliant on people and, inevitably, people can make mistakes - I definitely know I have done in the past. Owning up to mistakes and rectifying them is so important, if you're going to regain trust. My team in the office know that I fervently believe that we can have a stronger business relationship with a client post-error, than we did before, if we deal with any issues properly and make things rght without delay.

The companies with justifiably bad reputations are those who refuse to accept their errors and try to bluster their way through. These are often "one sale" businesses such as house builders, hotels, etc, who know that there will be no long term relationship with you as a customer. Car dealers (and servicers, in particular) certainly shouldn't fall into this category, especially in the small world that is Brazilian VW land!

As you all know, we've had our van serviced at the same dealer since we bought her in 2011. Not everything has gone as planned, but everytime there's been an issue they've sorted things out promptly and entirely to my satisfaction. I'm not here to defend them - they can do that for themselves - simply to put another viewpoint.

Would I be annoyed, if I was you, Als? Absolutely, I would. Would I let them have a chance to sort things out? Almost certainly, I think, but I'd understand if you jumped ship, although how you'd feel if one of your teaching staff let you down and you weren't allowed to put things right, I'm not sure.

The main thing is your safe and Neville is back on the road. Eric loads amazing - can't wait to see him.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Living The Dream

Living The Dream

Cabin : Exec 088

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 am

I have just been reading about the exploits with Neville, glad back safely. Can I ask where you purchased the tow hitch for front, to avoid front beams being towed?

Our bus is currently having first 1000 mile service with Brand Autos and they will fit if I supply. Any recommendations please of where to purchase?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 10:58 am

I purchased one from Ebay and Paul welded it to the front. I was like this if I remember correctly -
Towing Eye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

ours was fitted at Danbury
Back to top Go down
Living The Dream

Living The Dream

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks both for responding and the link on eBay - very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am

Yep eBay is your friend for one of those tow hooks. You could probably even get one in a matching colour.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Living The Dream

Living The Dream

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 11:56 am

Sadly (!!) I was just looking for a green one!!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Living The Dream wrote:
Sadly (!!) I was just looking for a green one!!!!

You're in good company here!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
brabay

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the fact that the tyres you have have fitted are only suitable for a car and you really need commercial tyres. You would not have any problems then. oil leaks happen no big deal - you could just keep topping up until you can sort it out.
Back to top Go down
http://shift.direct
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 11:22 pm

does the coloured one have to be welded - or will it bolt on - where is it best fitted under the front of the van (lowered and rhd with Danbury-fitted power steering)?
Mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Morning all, I would like to update you with the really great outcome from my conversations with the dealer we purchased Neville from as a response to all of the issues listed above.

There is a new man in post as Head of Operations - Jonathan Williams - I have had long and really constructive conversations with him over the last couple of weeks.

He seems exceptionally customer focused and really wiling to listen, make changes and take responsibility and accountability when things go wrong.

We have discussed changes to current servicing practices.

We have talked about how the customer service, post purchase can be improved.

And

For us, in this particular instance, have reached a mutual conclusion that will mean we will return to Danbury for our next service at least.

I have been informed that another appointment has been made - not sure of title. - but someone in charge of making the post sales experience better for everyone.

Sally,on the desk, continues to be helpful.

So, jj123vw, if you read this - I'm ny opinion, you have made a great appointment in Jonathan and we will see you in July.
Thankyou
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Great conclusion. It's good to talk Very Happy

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 3:08 pm

That's a great post, Angela and very reassuring for all of us who use Danbury.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Good stuff!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 EmptySat May 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Good news that you are happy ALS and yes Jonathan is a great addition to our team. See you soon cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!   Nev's home  - an update on feedback from our dealer! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nev's home - an update on feedback from our dealer!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2