brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Signature images

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
max

max

Cabin : Economy

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 am

Hello all,

I've noticed an increase in the larger, banner style images below people's posts. On the one hand, I can completely understand that people want to show off their lovely bays, but I find that it does become distracting, especially if those images are animated and, if someone posts more than once, are repeated again and again as you scroll down the page.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it's great that people customise their profiles, after all, that's what gives the site its friendly character.
It's just that I'm dodging enough banner ads on the web every day, so it'd be nice if the forum remained as readable as possible.

Don't want to be a spoil sport, if you all like them, I'll just sigh a bit more while reading Laughing

________________________________________________________________________________
Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:57 am

max wrote:
Hello all,

I've noticed an increase in the larger, banner style images below people's posts. On the one hand, I can completely understand that people want to show off their lovely bays, but I find that it does become distracting, especially if those images are animated and, if someone posts more than once, are repeated again and again as you scroll down the page.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it's great that people customise their profiles, after all, that's what gives the site its friendly character.
It's just that I'm dodging enough banner ads on the web every day, so it'd be nice if the forum remained as readable as possible.

Don't want to be a spoil sport, if you all like them, I'll just sigh a bit more while reading Laughing

It is nice to see and agree that they take up a lot of space. Cant we just put them in the Author's box instead?
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:10 pm

No

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
pastymaster

pastymaster

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Is there a way of users being able to choose to display signatures or not?

I'm pretty sure you can on vbulliten forums, but I'm not sure on this one.

That way everyone wins. If you don't want to see them you don't have to, but if you like them you still can! Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:36 pm

I've just searched and found you can't do that on forumotion. Ah well Rolling Eyes

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 pm

pastymaster wrote:
Is there a way of users being able to choose to display signatures or not?

I'm pretty sure you can on vbulliten forums, but I'm not sure on this one.

That way everyone wins. If you don't want to see them you don't have to, but if you like them you still can! Smile

I like them but understand the rerason not to have them, try and put yours in the authors column together with your avatar to see how it looks.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:33 pm

I like them, it adds a nice bit of colour, and in all honesty it doesn't bother me one little bit.
You don't have to look at them if you don't want to.

Signature images Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Trevor George wrote:
I've already posted about this, but don't know where my message has gone Sad

In your original message you stated that maybe you should have started a new thread - because you'd attached it into another subject. Your post was then moved into a new thread in the Site Feedback section entitled New Section suggestions/changes.

You can find it here:

New section suggestions/changes

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Signature images Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 pm

On the general subject of the signatures, sorry if some of you don't like them but the subject is not up for discussion. I'm not going to start dissecting the format of the site - which I remind you is free to join - on the basis of a minority. I'm also not going to waste members' time putting the subject to a poll. There are more important topics to discuss.

This site is not The Sunday Times, like the vehicles it's based around it's fun, creative and upbeat. If you feel that's not for you, thanks for stopping by. Undoubtedly some won't like this but that is the bottom line.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Signature images Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Signature images Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature images   Signature images Empty

Back to top Go down

Signature images
Page 1 of 1