brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New section suggestions/changes

Go down 
+12
olive
Blue Seagull
irishman
dean&jo
pastymaster
kiteman
Kev
osg
Tallulah
Dilly
tiggy23
TimV
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

New section suggestions/changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks for the suggestion Tilly. It's gone onto the development list.

I've added a 's' and /changes to your post title so others can add in their ideas.

Thanks for your kind words re the door card vids.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New section suggestions/changes Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 am

Trevor George wrote:
I suppose I should have started a new thread for this topic Very Happy

Done it for you Trevor. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:42 am

Tilly wrote:
Having just done a photo write up of adding extra 12v power sockets, and wondering where to post it, I was wondering if a new "How to..." section would be useful for photo and video guides. so they are all in one place and people can find them easily.

Kombi Kreative category now live. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
tiggy23

tiggy23

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Guys I love this site to bits, from content to navigation to everything and I don't like criticisms, but I personally find that the white text on black background really strains my eyes. In fact I'd like to spend more time on the site, but I find it really difficult even after reducing the screen contrast, but maybe I'm just the odd one Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Tiggy I have to agree the site is fantastic but I do find the White on black does strain my eyes. I just have to keep coming back. Love the suggestion of a how to. Perhaps a few of the Companies may add 'how to' in a bid to sell products would create a good information library.

Dilly
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Keep the suggestions coming and at a set point the admin team will review what's come up and take it from there.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 am

They do but it's an arduous process. They do offer the function whereby the whole site changes 'skin' - to incorporate colour changes, but this also changes the style of text, look of the page, possibly some functions. It would require a fair bit of time offline to sort. It took me a week to get the site looking how it does now when I set it up.

Doesn't at all mean I'm not prepared to do it in the future, but just to make people aware that it's something that may have the site down for a period, because I have to maintain it around my work/life schedule.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:33 am

Do you have access to the site/theme stylesheets? If so it's really easy to change the colours, font types sizes etc, happy to help with a bit of CSS coding.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks Talullah - yes I do - will bear your offer in mind.

As Tilly correctly observes the style of the site is reflective of it's subject matter. I wanted it to be easily identifiable and different from other forums in colouring such as The Late Bay. I also didn't want it just looking like a load of horizontal lines, the web is full of forums like that.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:11 pm

So I've made a temporary change to the background.

How do people feel about that?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Comes up blue on my screen now - on first login ever it was grey then turned blue.
Find cursor hard to see in the login boxes.
I was happy with Tim's white on black and now find this NOT an improvement.
osg
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:00 pm

I personally prefer the white on black…what about yellow on green... cheers

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 pm

From a technical point of view, white on black gives the highest contrast, however the 'readability' of the font type then comes into play as some will produce too much contrast resulting in 'glare'. The same is true (sometimes worse) with other combinations, yellow on pretty much anything is bad, blue/red is also not good.

Put simply, there is a reason why most web sites (and printed materials) are black on white, or at least darker on lighter, although combinations within a particular colour using different hues tend to work quite well.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:27 pm

We'll keep this colouring for 24 hours and see how folks find it. Please make your opinion known. Again ...... this is a trial.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 pm

That doesn't help peps! Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

It's been nearly 2 years since I set up this site Trevor and I've only received criticism about its look recently. We manage to convey an enormous amount of information in a stylish and entertaining way. Again as has been mentioned before, the site reflects its topic and the diverse community it serves.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

It's nice to have a forum that looks a bit different to all the rest out there, don't really want to go all boring and plain like the others. Gives it a personality.

Maybe the blue with black text.

New section suggestions/changes Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:19 pm

In my honest opinion I preferred it before the blue. The text is much harder to read now.

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
dean&jo

dean&jo

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 pm

TimV wrote:
So I've made a temporary change to the background.

How do people feel about that?

Its beautiful, easy to read (and long overdue tongue)
I prefer the blue.

Ex-Brazilian, T5 driver  flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Been going along time without any complaints, always found it easy to use, so for me the jury is out on this one, have too see if it grows on me........
Back to top Go down
Blue Seagull

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Blue is the way forward, whether for camper vans or forums.

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I was happy with what we had, I dont have any issues with white on black, I can easliy read white on blue, but having problems with blue on black.
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, bleu, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, bleu, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue.

Did I say that I liked the blue?

Or, you could make it white on white, now that would make it interesting......

I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 pm

So if we were to switch the text to black - how would folks feel about that?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:54 pm

TimV wrote:
So if we were to switch the text to black - how would folks feel about that?

Find this hard to focus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New section suggestions/changes   New section suggestions/changes Empty

Back to top Go down

New section suggestions/changes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Site Feedback-
Jump to: