brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Classic Bay Prices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Classic Bay Prices Empty
PostSubject: Classic Bay Prices   Classic Bay Prices EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:58 am

Amazingly I've just spotted an imported Australian 1973 Bay for sale on dubs4sale.com with the asking price of £24000. It's been repainted and retrimmed but that is a hell of a lot of money to spend on a vehicle that is 37 years old. Sure it looks lovely but is someone paying that kind of money going to be content to take it down the beach or to the shops - I'm guessing NO! The place for that vehicle is in the concours ring at a show and then swiftly back in the heated bubble that it will spend most of its life in.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Classic Bay Prices Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

Classic Bay Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Bay Prices   Classic Bay Prices EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 am

That's the highest I've heard Tim, but unfortunately too many lovely vehicles are wrapped up in heated bubbles!
Mind you, although Petal is actually only 2 years old it is like a fairly well restored 30 year old and it cost me £36k but I do use it every day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Classic Bay Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Bay Prices   Classic Bay Prices EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:55 am

I think the prices of the Brazilian v Classic are going to start to blur now. Soon, if not already the Kombi is going to seem an attractive alternative to a German built Bay. We'll be ready for the crowds then won't we!

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

Cabin : Economy

Classic Bay Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Bay Prices   Classic Bay Prices EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Very interesting subject Tim. I can talk first hand about this as of two weeks ago...
A friend of mine sold his '72 camper which had been sat for a year and a half but was a complete, running and useable everyday van. He made just £2250 for the camper.
Feeling frightened that my bay, also a '72 camper would not reach what I thought it was worth, I did some investigating.
Practical Classics mag listsings for classic cars said an average condition bay, 72 on> was worth only £3750.
This is not whats reflected in current asking prices within the VW community. VZi and Dubsforsale and other web pages, are listing bays for an average of £6000.
But thats just an asking price, and most of those adverts appear week after week after week. Unsold.
I managed to get £4350 for my '72 camper with a few months left on the MOT and a freshly rebuilt engine.
So, yes vans are listed for more money, but how many of them sell for that?

A sobering thought is that 'our' new brazillian vans must, MUST, one day fall in line with general bay prices. I think there will be sufficient depreciation on a brazilian over the next 5 to 10 years, that we will be seeing them listed in amongst the 'late bay' fraternity.

A 2003 a/c brazillian will cost you £12k now, what was it when new in 2003?
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Classic Bay Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Bay Prices   Classic Bay Prices EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 pm

dean&jo wrote:
A 2003 a/c brazillian will cost you £12k now, what was it when new in 2003?
'

That'd have to be a pretty basic '03 to be that cheap - no roof conversion, lhd and no kit.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Classic Bay Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Bay Prices   Classic Bay Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic Bay Prices
Page 1 of 1