brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire

Go down 
+19
Byo57
jill
Gina Tonic
Dennis
Sunny
kiteman
Tallulah
NorthPoles
Skooby
Roobarb
Skytiger
MarcusH
dazdub
JLS 62
Scooby
pastymaster
dizzylizard
Dalesman
AbsintheKombi
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:34 pm

our suggestion would be MUKER in the dales,private farm site 2 showers 2 toilets 2 sinks 1 pub!! basic but excellent area. im sure dalesman knows this area well!? we need to look at dates in works diaries first ,but def up for it.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 am

Muker would suit me:

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 Muker10

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Absinthe wrote:
Muker would suit me:

Scarecrows are getting awfully realistic these days aren't they Very Happy

The Muker site is a good suggestion. Keld also has a pub now at the Keld Lodge

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:11 pm

It seems to have worked because I can't see any birds...

Don't forget North Poles plea that we don't abandon them and all go to the pub.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 pm

dates for us aug bank holiday w/end, sep 28/29/30
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:32 am

At the moment we are good for any of these dates, though the late September weekend is our favourite as we might get a summer by then bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:58 am

Ok everyone I'm going to fix a date so that we can all work towards it.

Let's agree on 28/29/30 September, then we've got plenty of time to organise everything.

I'm going to make a corporate decision and say we should go for the site at Keld which allows campfires - that way if it's starting to get cool at night we can all sit around it and keep warm.

Geoff (Dalesman) - is there any chance you coudl pop up there and see if they can accomodate us on those dates?

Obviously we haven't got final numbers yet but I'd hope there would be at least 7-10 of us. Maybe those who've shown an interest could confirm that you can definitely attend now that we have a date and a venue.

As I said initially, whilst we've called this a Northern meet, it would be great if those geographically further away could join us as well. You won't need passports and anyone who hasn't been to the Yorkshire Dales will be blown away by the scenery.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 am

Well done Absinthe - I'll get it in my diary

Do you have a link for the site in Keld so I can have a gander

Marcus
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi, Northern Bunch!

Sorry for not responding earlier but completely stuck at work.

Well done, Absinthe - very end of September should be perfect.

I vote for Keld - it's a really nice campsite and toilet/shower facilities are good. And we can have a walk to Muker if everyone would like a bit of exercise

I will post a link to their website as soon as I'm back home today although the website doesn't do the justice how the place looks like.

We are happy to provide the wood for the fire and some continental sausages to roast perhaps Wink

I will write a bit more later as doing this from my mobile is a nightmare
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Is this the campsite? Keld

It looks lovely. My only concern is that we can get a bit playful after a sherbet dab or two, but I suppose we can all act like grown-ups for a couple of evenings just to enjoy the scenery and facilities Smile
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Looks a FAB location, but you are right to highlight the 'playful' element Roobarb as the following quote from their website states:

We aim to help everybody have a good time when they camp with us. Many of our campers are serious walkers, sleeping and rising early. If you want to camp where you can talk all night with a few beers (and who doesn’t sometimes?) then our campsite is definitely not the one for you!

If other people can hear you after 11pm, that’s not okay here. Please be aware of this when you come.

If you want a friendly and quiet camping holiday - we hope you’ll find our place ideal!

Peace, peace, peace... (sorry to repeat this, but somethings are just worth it)

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:46 pm

I'll check my calendar when I get home Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes, the Keld requirements don't sound like us...

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm pretty sure there are two campsites in Keld - maybe we could look at the other one.

Oops - just checked the other one too -

RUKIN’S –
Park Lodge, KELD

Park Lodge
Campsite

Our
campsite by the River Swale offers you the chance of a peaceful relaxing break.
There are lots of small waterfalls on this stretch of the river. We also have a
site which has a panoramic view of Kisdon Hill and the
valley down towards Muker.

This is
very much a family site so please be quiet by 11pm and no music after
10pm.

Not looking good for Keld - any thoughts anyone - Muker?

Star Kombi Winner 2015

Last edited by Absinthe on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:17 pm

If you mean . . .

RUKIN’S – Park Lodge, KELD

This is very much a family site so please be quiet by 11pm and no music after 10pm.

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Snap, Scooby!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 pm

OK, back again.

The campsite I had in mind is Rukins. http://s377516764.websitehome.co.uk/index.htm That is the one allowing campfires.

They do not seem to be so strict as Keld Bunkhouse (at least from our experience), the site is bigger and location nicer. They have different areas and I think if we all got into that lower part by the river (it's quite secluded) we should be out of everybody's way. Perhaps we could try to book the whole patch (although on their website it says they do not take bookings in advance but it does not hurt to try call them and ask). If not, there are few different areas to chose from so I am sure we could find one for our group. We've been camping there few times and I've never seen it really crowded as the Keld Bunkhouse is the more popular one.

I don't know the one in Muker, so perhaps lilyvdub can say something more. All that area is really great to visit so I hope that some "Southerners" will join as well!

Are we all OK with that last September weekend? So we could "book" Rudi for ourselves Wink

Pawel won't have that much fun though as this would be his last weekend before the marathon so no drinking, oops... He was somewhat complaining about sudden drop in his stamina after Camperjam.... lol! I am sure we can make up for him, though Wink

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Geoff. Any chance of you speaking to Rukins to check?

I think you can safely book Rudi for yourselves, NP, we'll stick with this date and find a site that can accommodate us.

Looks like we've got ourselves an Event!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm

We are up for sep we can bring a fire pit if needed Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi i have just emailed the campsite and awaiting reply to see if they are willing to accept aprox 10 vw, web site available www.ushagap.btinternet.co.uk,fantastic area,we are regular walkers around these parts,basic site ,no elec for the softies!!!!but a large field,im sure you would cope,as i said before 2 loos 2 showers 2 sinks 1 pub 1 cafe 1 shop,
will keep you informed ,let me know what you all think ,in case i have to pester the owner for a reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:04 pm

just a thought ,i think where ever you go in this area,it will have walkers etc so i think they will all expect some form of restriction on the noise level,we wont have the kombikabana shelter so,no probs there,as for the open fires not sure on that one here ,will have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Great! I hope the weather will match the heatwave we had at that very weekend last year Very Happy And if not we will have a bonfire, sausages and hot soup to welcome autumn in style Wink Not to mention Uncle Joe's vodka...

Rukins does not have electric hook ups either but we will have plenty of above to keep us warm Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Absinthe wrote:

Let's agree on 28/29/30 September, then we've got plenty of time to organise everything.

I'm going to make a corporate decision and say we should go for the site at Keld which allows campfires - that way if it's starting to get cool at night we can all sit around it and keep warm.

Geoff (Dalesman) - is there any chance you coudl pop up there and see if they can accomodate us on those dates?

Yes I'm happy to drive over on Saturday and check them out and see if they will make an exception to their 'no booking' policy especially with the prospect of up to 10 vans turning up.

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks everyone. Great teamwork. Getting excited already.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 am

Dalesman wrote:
Absinthe wrote:

Yes I'm happy to drive over on Saturday and check them out and see if they will make an exception to their 'no booking' policy especially with the prospect of up to 10 vans turning up.

Great news!Many thanks! We would go ourselves but Rudi is booked already in the garage on Saturday for a leisure battery replacement. Could you tell them we are all extremely quiet, nature loving bunch of people! Wink No threat to any walkers/families camping nearby.... And have a look at that spot next to the river Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next