brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Ready for our first road trip of the year

Go down 
+3
harryhornet
Scooby
sundialsoft
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

Ready for our first road trip of the year Empty
PostSubject: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:04 pm

We are off to Norfolk in the morning for 4 nights including hire of a beach hut for a couple of days.

Spot the dodgy front headlamp surround. It won't stay on even with a new surround fitted so some fix coming up when I get a brain wave or suggestion.

Ready for our first road trip of the year Tumblr_npzsue4eli1roxjb1o1_500

You can see the new boot lid and rear respray very clearly as I have not gotten round to colour cutting/polishing the rest of the van. I may end up getting all the blue resprayed for a good match, decisions decisions.
Ready for our first road trip of the year Tumblr_npzsvjrv961roxjb1o1_500
You may also spot that the Danbury name has been erased from the pop top & replaced by a Volkswagen name badge. Took their advert off the cupboard window as well.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Doo take plenty of pics and enjoy your trip Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:09 pm

That white dash looks lovely against the Lago blue body work. A set of clear indicator lenses would really set the front off well.
Have a great trip. Love a good beach hut. sunny
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:15 pm

harryhornet wrote:
That white dash looks lovely against the Lago blue body work. A set of clear indicator lenses would really set the front off well.

Interesting you mentioning Lago Blue. Danbury could not tell me what colour my van was from the original registration and original owner info but the colour matching firm I used in Newcastle came back with Lago Blue.

The side repeaters would look nice with the clear lenses but first I have to get one of them working. The off side one does not blink and I have changed the bulb.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

sundialsoft wrote:
harryhornet wrote:

Interesting you mentioning Lago Blue. Danbury could not tell me what colour my van was from the original registration and original owner info but the colour matching firm I used in Newcastle came back with Lago Blue.

The side repeaters would look nice with the clear lenses but first I have to get one of them working. The off side one does not blink and I have changed the bulb.

I remembered the colour from a post you did a while back - it's an unusual name.
The side repeaters would be good but I meant the lenses on the front. You can pick them up for £7 each side from Just Kampers. You'll need some orange bulbs too.
Have a look on Scooby's sleepover pics. Plenty of examples to look at.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:59 pm

sundialsoft wrote:
Spot the dodgy front headlamp surround. It won't stay on even with a new surround fitted so some fix coming up when I get a brain wave or suggestion.

Is the reason the rim is not staying on because the retaining screw thread has stripped. The metal tab it screws into is a bit weak, and the problem was solved with a helicoil insert.

https://brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com/t1563-dealing-with-stripped-threads-headlight-surrounds?highlight=headlight+rim
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:20 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
sundialsoft wrote:

Is the reason the rim is not staying on because the retaining screw thread has stripped. The metal tab it screws into is a bit weak, and the problem was solved with a helicoil insert.

https://brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com/t1563-dealing-with-stripped-threads-headlight-surrounds?highlight=headlight+rim

Useful advice there. I will have a look when I get back from Norfolk. For now a bit of Duct Tape is in place to stop the surround coming off and cracking again.
Back to top Go down
bonnie blue

bonnie blue

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Have a great time in Norfolk. We are off to Orkney in Bonnie who is almost identical to yours luckily we are not going to the same place!!! Could get mixed up in the dark!! Have fun
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Tallulah was on hire year before last and they took it to Durdle Door. It just so happened that Sunny was there that day too so when the hirers came back to the van they didn't know which to head for!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 10:34 pm

sundialsoft wrote:
dizzylizard wrote:
sundialsoft wrote:

Useful advice there. I will have a look when I get back from Norfolk. For now a bit of Duct Tape is in place to stop the surround coming off and cracking again.

After fitting the power bulbs, I had to jiggle the headlight, surround and bolt to get it all to line up and tighten; one side was fine (and newer rim), the other took some persuasion.

P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for our first road trip of the year   Ready for our first road trip of the year Empty

Back to top Go down

Ready for our first road trip of the year
Page 1 of 1