brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Trip to Danbury - and reflections

Go down 
+4
irishman
Vladaria
TimV
docmark
8 posters
AuthorMessage
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

Trip to Danbury - and reflections Empty
PostSubject: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:29 pm

We had another trip to Danbury for a service, MOT and fitting brake discs and pads (paying as always seems so painful!!!)
Once again many thanks to Matt and team for a good job done!
Also took the opportunity to look at what is now being made if we were ever to "change our mind" and go more modern.
The sales team looked after us and spent a lot of time showing their wares - even offering us money for our van. Thank you for your kindness and the temptations you dangled before us.
This could have resulted in a terrible decision - so we did not make it!
Needless to say that it was a real affirmation that we had made the right decision in the first place - to get our dearly beloved van which is so iconic and great to be in - despite the initial teething problems, the constant battle to stop the rot (we definitely have more work to do on that score with threats of cutting out rust and welding patches into the wheel arch in one place), the eye-watering expense, the noise when driving, the crude internal finishing, the lack of stowage front and back and all the other niggles. ------- After all this is the van that will squeeze between our house and the hedge next door, that fits into a normal parking space, that starts conversations with so many strangers, that lets us see over the hedges, that has a surprisingly comfortable ride and does take Halfords basic windscreen wipers (at a pinch!)
This has kept us happy in an Outer Hebridean winter gale (it was supposed to be spring!), taken us to many places in our fantastic country and even housed us this last weekend around service-time at Slimbridge and then Bristol campsites.
Importantly it has also led us to discover this site with all the amazing advice, help and support
Thank you all!!!
M&H
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 12:15 am

That was nice to read - and thank you guys for joining us and being part of the BraziBunch! Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Trip to Danbury - and reflections Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 5:51 am

As a newbie that was a great read thankyou! Very Happy
(feel I should go get a torch to check my 56 plate wheel arches now) Wink
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Just about sums it up, I have an admission, I looked at a 2008 T5 panel van recently, then looked over my shoulder at my Kombi.............. I decided to stick with what I have, love it too much!
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Heart or head?

Heart every time.

Trip to Danbury - and reflections Red-he10

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Yes, my heart is not happy.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Sunny wrote:

Well you know what to do mate .... rescue Ginger ... bring her back into the family!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Sunny wrote:

If your head is happy then so be it.
But if not, get a Kombi. Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Has Ginger not sold yet? I'm amazed.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:34 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
Has Ginger not sold yet? I'm amazed.

Nope because they're asking too much money for her. Rolling Eyes

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks M and H for your kind words . I'll pass your thanks onto Matt and the Danbury service team. It's always hard to decide on modern v retro. We're here either way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Danbury - and reflections   Trip to Danbury - and reflections Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip to Danbury - and reflections
Page 1 of 1