brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

ARB Awning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Knights

Knights

Cabin : Club

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 9:54 am

I have searched the forum to try and answer this question for myself but have not found anything.  

I am searching for a sun awning for the side of 'Frank' our 2006 aircooled van.  I have come across the ARB awning available from Campervan Culture.  The team at the CVC have created fixings that allow the ARB to be connected to a VW T2.

https://campervanculture.com/shop/vw-t2-bay-window-arb-2500mm-x-2500mm-with-fitting-kit/

However looking at the photographs on the site and also having asked the CVC team they are unsure if you would be able to fit it to a Danbury conversion with a pop top because of the space between the gutter and the edges of the pop top lid.

Does anyone use an ARB awning and it they do how have you managed to connect it to the guttering?

Ardigon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi Knights

We (and many others too) have a sun canopy from Funky Leisure - see this link: Sun Canopy
We think it is FAB and it can be used in a variety of positions.

We also have a Kyham Sleep Awning (again, as doo many others) - see this link for a couple of photos at the end of the post: Awning
This is also a cool itme to have for longer stays.

These days we tend to try and only use the sun canopy for weekend trips  Smile

Hope this might be of interest

Roo b Roo
jocolor

PS
For more info on "awnings" or a "sun canopy" simple use the search function in the bar above for many other posts!

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Knights wrote:
I have searched the forum to try and answer this question for myself but have not found anything.  

I am searching for a sun awning for the side of 'Frank' our 2006 aircooled van.  I have come across the ARB awning available from Campervan Culture.  The team at the CVC have created fixings that allow the ARB to be connected to a VW T2.

https://campervanculture.com/shop/vw-t2-bay-window-arb-2500mm-x-2500mm-with-fitting-kit/

However looking at the photographs on the site and also having asked the CVC team they are unsure if you would be able to fit it to a Danbury conversion with a pop top because of the space between the gutter and the edges of the pop top lid.

Does anyone use an ARB awning and it they do how have you managed to connect it to the guttering?

CVC's warehouse is only 4 miles away from VW Kampers. If they are interested in selling one to you (and the rest of the Brazibay crew for that matter) they could get round there in 10 minutes and check for themselves.
Back to top Go down
rabbut0

rabbut0

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

Knights wrote:

That's exactly the awning I fitted to mine, no issues with the awning fitting or use, no drilling or anything, and the clamps don't interfer with the poptop, absolutely love it.

Last edited by rabbut0 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ardigon

Ardigon

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 pm

Hi yes I fitted the ARB touring, much nicer than the canvas one , Had a guy that helped me with my swingaway at the back make brackets (three, might have gotten away with two ) and fitted them myself.
Used RIV nuts, felt sick drilling holes in Dorinda but its was worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ardigonsky.com
Ardigon

Ardigon

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 9:43 pm

ARB Awning  Awn11
Back to top Go down
http://www.ardigonsky.com
Sponsored content

ARB Awning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARB Awning    ARB Awning  Empty

Back to top Go down

ARB Awning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products :: Awnings/Sun Canopies-
Jump to: