brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Power Steering Prices...?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

steering - Power Steering Prices...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

peppa wrote:
Is it me or is the EPAS (electronic power assisted steering) kit on "vw downunder's" site exactly the same as the "Lite-Steer" one only more expensive...? Am i missing something here or has this been commented on already...?

Why would you pay more for the same product...?

I know its late and im tired but please someone check it out...
Shocked

The way VW Downunder fit it is completeley different hence the extra cost.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:08 pm

The price on Litesteer is supply only, the price on VW downunder is a supply and fit, which is the same for LHD, extra for RHD as they change over the steering box to a proper german rhd box.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:46 am

peppa wrote:
They feel the "german" rhd steering box is far superior and able to work "properly" with their conversion.

By that token then, surely they won't be happy to keep the LHD Brazilian Steering Box where it was fitted in the factory? Why should it be ok to work with their system on one side but not the other? Oh hang on, aren't there rather a lot of RHD converted BraziBays in this country now ......??!!??

Good bit of research peps - have some marks. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

steering - Power Steering Prices...? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 am

I think it is because the RHD conversion has the steering box reversed, the LHD is in the original position and maybe thats why they will not fit it in the RHD.

As for the price, as with everything it is down to the individual whether or not they want to spend an amount on something that they may feel they get a benefit from. Thats the beauty of having a democratic society.......its all about personal choice in the end. I wont be going for it as I dont have a problem with the heavy steering.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 am

olive wrote:
I wont be going for it as I dont have a problem with the heavy steering.

Not now you've been doing all that fitness training eh olive??!! Wink

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

steering - Power Steering Prices...? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 am

Popeye arms with Olive lol!
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:48 pm

driving in the snow felt like i hand power steering!!!! the down side is the cold inside but hey you cant have everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:58 pm

No idea peppa, it might be worthwhile speaking to Litesteer again. They will probably know as they have made it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Prices...?   steering - Power Steering Prices...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Steering Prices...?
Page 1 of 1