brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide

Go down 
+8
Scooby
harryhornet
sundialsoft
michel_bonn
Georgy
Sunny
irishman
Jimmymarts
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Empty
PostSubject: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 am

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Jimmymarts

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:28 pm

great work Tim - very professional! I'm about to order my door cards from Newton so this will come in very handy. Don't suppose you know if anyone has fitted their seat covers do you?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm

The only member I know who's had seat covers fitted is olive - but they were installed by Newton for him.

VW Kampers use Newton for seat covers so you could always ask Ian how he gets on fitting them. I think Newton do supply a how-to demo cd with the covers - so you could give it a go yourself and then do a write-up here. Smile

I installed new TMI covers on my '63 Bug years ago and it wasn't that hard. The trick is to get the covers warmed up beforehand so they are pliable. I stuck mine in the tumble drier for 10mins before fitting them. Worked a treat.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Jimmymarts

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 pm

excellent idea, thanks Tim. Think I'm going to have a bash at it, so I'll put up a post to let everyone know how I get on...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Good stuff. Look forward to seeing the result.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:50 pm

One half of Mickar came to play today. After a coffee we set to and installed some super Newton Comm door cards:
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Mickar10
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Mickar11
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Mickar12
They really do lift the look and feel of the interior. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Very smart!
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Neat. Makes my carpet ones look very drab in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Georgy

Georgy

Cabin : Exec 017

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 pm

They look & feel fab - and all thanks to Tim for his amazingly expert and generous help (and patience when I dropped the fiddly little washer thingy he specifically warned me not to drop). We managed to fit the simplest one on the tailgate ourselves (finally - and with some pain to fingers & nails) - but knew it was time to call on a pro for the other ones. So - huge thanks for having me down to play Tim, sorry about the muddy footprints!

And I have to add, the service from Newton Commercial was excellent - a big thumbs up all round.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

tim that is a nice winter project for me, it looks that i could do this self. good to know that you have done this in the video so i ccan learn it to do. thanks tim :-)

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 am

No probs michel - glad you find it inspiring!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 11:46 am

I just ordered a pack of 5 panels to match Tango's leather interior.

At £367.50 including delivery these are a great investment in the style of your BraziBay.

Watch the videos I made and you'll see how straight forward these panels are to install. They really improve the look and feel of the cabin.

If you're not keen on fitting these yourself or it's simply a question of time, then I would be happy to do the install for you.

If that is of interest, email me tim@brazilianvwbay.com Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm

We ordered ours last week. A nice light grey, your install video makes it look pretty straight forward so going to give it a shot!

Also wanted to say how helpful the guys at Newton were, Sent us a vary of samples so we could choose, your not limited by the colour options that come down on drop down menu Smile

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 6:07 pm

when you see the inside of your old door cards you will be wondering who on earth designed the van this way.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Tango's new panels going in today.
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Img_7530
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Img_7531

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 3:09 pm

door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Img_7612
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Img_7613

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Great job. Certainly lifts the interior.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 pm

Doo look good Smile

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Thank you to tims great tutorial. New door cards installed today.
Newer watercooled have a different window winder. Which confused us a little but very simple once we worked that out!
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Img-2011
door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide 20180210

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Winter project anyone?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm still pondering on whether to do this upgrade. The query I have is what to do about the card that is behind the sink/grill unit. I haven't worked out the best way to fit part of a card behind it. Any thoughts?

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 5:49 pm

PeteH wrote:
I'm still pondering on whether to do this upgrade.  The query I have is what to do about the card that is behind the sink/grill unit.  I haven't worked out the best way to fit part of a card behind it.  Any thoughts?

I'm assuming you have a Diamond layout @PeteH.

I'd say just give it a go .... what's the worst that can happen?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:23 pm

I have a diamond conversion i cut the black panel flush with the end of the cooker got newton to make a panel just 15mm bigger than the panel i cut. This new panel fits with the extra 15mm slides behind the unit.
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 am

Yes ours is a Diamond conversion. I like Dennis' solution especially that Newton made up the panel. I was wondering about how to seal the cut edge I'd end up having to make from a full size panel, but if Newton have created a made to measure panel, finished as neatly as the the others this would be ideal. Many thanks for the help.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Message Duncan at Newton - he'll sort it for you.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide   door - Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Newton Commercial Door Card Install Video Guide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next