brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm driving Max to Newton Commercial for him to be measured up for his new set of clothes and they have offered for club members to join in on the day. This will be a great chance to not only look around the factory but to see examples of their materials and products.

olive has already signed up and I think peppa .... you might be coming too?

Anyone else is welcome to join. I anticipate getting there around 10.30 - 11.00 on the day.

More details to follow.

If you'd like to join us, please sign up below. Basketball

Attending:

TimV
olive
peppa?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Please note the date change.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Hmm, I'd like to go but it's a bit of a slog up there. Don't fancy driving the van round the M25 and then on up to Suffolk - could be hours and hours.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Olive, Max and I had a cracking day at Newton Commercial.

The day started early with me picking up Max direct from AH Autos at 0730 and heading straight round the M25 and A12, pausing momentarily to pick up olive along with a panel and some rubber matting from his BraziBay.

I was thrilled with how smooth and powerful Max was bombing along - the sun was shining - perfect.

We arrived at Newton's headquarters around midday and Duncan immediately offered hot beverages. Caffeine rush done we popped Max around to one of the 3 large warehouses Newton operate out of so he could be measured for upcoming products. More about that later.

Duncan then took us around the stock and production areas of Newton Commercial and it was readily apparent that this was very much a happy and professional workforce. The quality of the work we saw today was just stunning - and everyone was really friendly too which genuinely makes a difference. Here are some photos:

Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 P1020510Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 P1020511Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 P1020512
This incredible computer controlled cutting machine makes the best use of the materials that are loaded onto it. It scans before actually cutting to check the quality of the material and if it finds any defect it automatically rejigs how and where it will cut to guarantee a perfect end result. It takes 2 mins to do what previously took hours by hand.Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 P1020513

olive was keen for me to sample the local fish and chips in Aldeburgh - so we jumped back into Max and headed to the coast. I'm sure you've been in a similar scenario - Bus parked up by the beach (drawing admiring glances from passers-by,) sunshine, a fresh breeze, hovering seagulls and a decent large cod and chips in a paper bag on your lap. Good times.

Back to Newton's for further discussion and for Duncan to show us samples of the vast range of vinyl and carpet they stock. A member of the family that own and run Newton Commercial has an AquaBay and we had a look around how his Kombi had been given the company treatment. Of particular interest were these fantastic Suffolk cab seats: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 P1020514
Pictured: olive, NC's Duncan, me:Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 P1020515

So now for the BIG news of the day. With immediate effect, Newton Commercial's product line for Brazilian VW Bays is now officially active. Not only are they now able to supply the door/panel cards that we've already been discussing but in addition they can supply custom carpet sets in numerous colours AND custom fit vinyl seat covers. All specifically for the Brazilian Kombi. You just need to choose what colours you want to suit your BraziBay.

Contact duncan@newtoncomm.co.uk for further details on the seat covers, see www.newtoncomm.co.uk for the carpet sets and check the group buy thread for details of the door/panel cards : Interior Trim - Group Buy

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Newton Commercial   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Seems like you all had a productive day - success with NC supplying door cards etc. and a fish & chip sorty.

Thanks for your efforts.

Once recovered from new curtain expenditure, I will be looking into having door cards upgraded.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:27 am

I've only just realised - looking at that last pic - you can't have a bike carrier if you've got the spare on the back. Disaster!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Great work Tim - seems like a good day on a number of levels
But we wish you had not shown us the pics of the blue seats with white piping Cool
Add these to the door cards etc. and Scooby would look sweet!
However, we can only put this on our "wish list" at present Sad
But cannot stop thinking about them
Scooby Smile

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Scooby - the beauty of what we've achieved here is that you can do it all at your own pace. Start with door cards, then when you're ready seat covers, then carpets etc.

Get the stuff as and when it's right for you!

Oh and I agree - those seats would be superb in Scooby. You can get covers that will look just as cool.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 pm

TimV wrote:
I've only just realised - looking at that last pic - you can't have a bike carrier if you've got the spare on the back. Disaster!!

TIM!!!!! really, lol, did you think we have an internal spare for its asthetical good looks.

Matt.

Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 Img_2014
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Matt wrote:
TimV wrote:

TIM!!!!! really, lol, did you think we have an internal spare for its asthetical good looks.

Maybe .... or it's a handy place to keep your smalls. Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

We know what you are saying Tim
but to quote the words of a well know tune
"WE WANT IT ALL, WE WANT IT ALL AND WE WANT IT NOW"

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Mmmm not my favourite band albeit iconic.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Just to confirm what Tim has said, we are dealing direct with the manufacturer and Duncan is happy to answer any questions or fears direct. As for the factory, I am in a similar industry for the last 24 years and I was blown away with what we saw. Apart form the automated cutting machine ( they still do some cutting by hand) everything is finished off by hand from cutting their own boards, fabric, sewing, pressing, edging of carpet o ensure the products leaving the factory are in tip top condition. This is no cottage industry company more that 60% of what they do is exported and its not just VW products. The Suffolk seats are to die for but the upholstered covers they will produce for the Brazi will look just as good. Personally I was not going to change too much but after visiting I am now changing my mind. As far as fish and chips go....well it had to be done and I can confirm that Max is a true SportKombi and Tim is a top bloke. By the way have you checked out the new reg on MAX?
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Forgot to add. The carpet sets they produce are of a very high standard and by far a lot better than what is available and this is only my opinion. Its a complete set, cab area, walk though, rear living space, under the seats, and around the bulkhead part. Once on you see very little metal. They are all hand sewn edges all around even around the holes for the pedals etc and the carpet is a specially treated material with an anti bacterial finish which reduces odours etc (Duncan I think I got this correct). They also come with a LIFETIME guarantee. Many colours to chose from and well prices. cheers
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:51 pm

One other thing, the carpets sets come complete with underlay cut out to the same shape, Duncan says this gives more bounce for comfort and it reduces some noise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011   Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club visit to Newton Commercial, Leiston, Suffolk - Tues 8th Feb 2011
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Past Meets and Events-
Jump to: