brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end

Go down 
+17
Dennis
TimV
Hawys0
tjcbhill
MarcusH
neillitesteer
Rachelvw
Tallulah
michel_bonn
dizzylizard
Vladaria
gordonmac
Kaz5997
olive
Scooby
kiteman
Kev
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
neillitesteer

neillitesteer

Cabin : Business

New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 am

It should help but to what extent will remain to bee seen. the van was fitted with one for good reason and despite what suspension system is used i felt that it should remain. hence coming up with a solution that retains it.

other factors are ride height and design of pop top roofs. unfortunately these vans have a large flat surface area therefore they will always be prone to wind shear.

As for the rear roll bar i have found the aftermarket bar to be quite stiff. it would be interesting to try one on a Brazilian van though but the results couldn't be guaranteed.

Neil
Back to top Go down
http://neil@litesteer.com
tjcbhill

tjcbhill

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Serious looking kit ! I am very keen to have one fitted. I am assuming you need to tell your insurance company? did that have any detrimental effect to you guys that have had this done ?

Also, silly question but does it cause any complication with your MOT ?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 am

tjcbhill wrote:
Serious looking kit ! I am very keen to have one fitted. I am assuming you need to tell your insurance company? did that have any detrimental effect to you guys that have had this done ?

Also, silly question but does it cause any complication with your MOT ?

It's certainly advisable to tell your insurance company, as per any modification. They wouldn't normally have any issues, as long as they understand that it is a modification intended to improve safety rather than performance, unlike installing a Porsche engine or suchlike. It doesn't cause any issues with the MOT, although to be fair I always take our van to the garage which services it, which is run by a T2 owner and enthusiast.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 9:56 am

I am having Red 9 and lite steer fitted by Neil in Oct (red9 10 week delivery) will let you know how it goes. Tim
Back to top Go down
tjcbhill

tjcbhill

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will be interested to hear how you get on, Dennis as I am torn between Lite-Steer, Red9 or both !! Whatever I decide I will calling on the services of Neil as I am lucky to be only about half hour away from him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 pm

The man in the vw garage where I have taken mine said about changing all my steering for another one and he was pointing to a t25 so not sure if he meant to that set up he said all supplied and fitted would be around 1500 Euro, if I was to change my steering I would like the red9 and I told him that and he said that was really expensive
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm

tjc you are very lucky I am over 300 miles away but the journey will be worth it. Tim
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Are red9 design still in business as there page has not been updated in some time and looks like business is for sale earlier this year
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Yes still in business spoke to them recently. Tim
Back to top Go down
neillitesteer

neillitesteer

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:39 pm

They are still trading but it's for sale
Back to top Go down
http://neil@litesteer.com
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm

I was at Red9 about a month ago, and their activities seemed to have expanded since I was there last year. If I had a spare million down the sofa I might consider buying them myself, because I suspect there is still a lot of global growth potential with the right distribution and business development. By the way, as Neil will explain better than me, Lite-Steer and Red9 do completely different things. We had Lite-Steer before Red9, and it made the steering much lighter, but there was still a lot of play. When we installed Red9 it made the steering much more precise, and also gave a better ride due to the coilover suspension. I don't know what Red9 would be like without Lite-Steer. I recall that Ian Harris once said that he had a van in with rack and pinion but no power steering and it was almost impossible to drive, but I don't know whether that was Red9.
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 5:19 pm

I have just the Red9 system installed and it made the steering alot lighter
The only slight issue is the turning circle is reduced as demonstrated at the sleepover with my boat like turns
Next time we meet Alan have a go in mine to check out the difference without the litesteer
Back to top Go down
tjcbhill

tjcbhill

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 4:09 pm

MarcusH wrote:
I have just the Red9 system installed and it made the steering alot lighter
The only slight issue is the turning circle is reduced as demonstrated at the sleepover with my boat like turns
Next time we meet Alan have a go in mine to check out the difference without the litesteer

Glad to hear the steering is lighter, is the turning circle very significantly worse or is it a relatively minor niggle would you say ?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 4:36 pm

I don't think that the wider turning circle is an issue. You might sometimes find that you need a 4-point turn rather than a 3-point turn, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
tjcbhill

tjcbhill

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Voyager wrote:
I don't think that the wider turning circle is an issue. You might sometimes find that you need a 4-point turn rather than a 3-point turn, but that's it.
Thanks, I can live with that !
Back to top Go down
Hawys0

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 11:33 am

Kaz5997 wrote:
Hi just fitted a Red9design to my bus , i was so fed up with the (boat) steering, a lot of money but well worth it, drives superb and safe now , as a fully qualified mechanic with my own garage i was able to fit and set up myself with a few mods, thanks to simon for his help and if anybidy wants any advise please feel free to contact me

My garage is trying to fit the kit to my Kombi at the moment but are having problems fitting it without potentially changing the steering column. Does anyone know if this is one of the 'mods' that needs doing still in 2019? If so, why is this not clear on their website?

Daphne the Campervan has now been sitting on their ramp for nearly three weeks after having to wait for a missing servo bracket and me trying to communicate with Simon at Red9 and the new owners in Holland.

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

Hawys & Daphne
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 11:59 am

Contact @MarcusH

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 1:39 pm

I am sure Neil at Lite Steer would give you some advice he fitted mine. Tim
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 2:31 pm

As I mentioned on Facebook, we didn't need to change our steering column. Steve Johnson (sjohno on the forum) installed his own Red9. You could try messaging him. I have his email address but I don't want to post it on the forum. I also have the mobile number for Simon Skelding of Red9.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm

The red 9 design business is now owned by Piet Van Grinsven of Van Grinsven classics in the Netherlands, have to say very nice replicas.

I have ordered a wishbone kit from him and should get it the week before Brexit what could possibly go wrong Rolling Eyes I am also going to fit it myself.

MikeGreene likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeGee

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Has anyone fitted the Red9 to an 80’s Clipper ?
Back to top Go down
MikeGreene

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 am

Red9
10 years on, how has the front end behaved?
Mine is on order and due to be delivered in 6 weeks time...
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 9:48 am

We've had ours for 7 years now and it's been great. There was an initial problem with excessive tyre wear on the inside edge due to incorrect alignment, but that was soon sorted out. Since then the only problem has been a rubber boot which needed to be replaced about a year ago.

MikeGreene likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeGreene

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 9:55 am

I am really please to hear that it was the right move.
I bought my 86 at the end of last year and driving was a challenge! It has been parked up for a couple of months and I am now working on the interior - mainly electrics - leisure battery etc but as soon a the kit arrives its going to my local VW man here in rural France....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3