brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

my new ginger bay

Go down 
+2
TimV
kiteman
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi folks.
Got myself an 09 from Danbury end of Jan.
Here's some pics for you.
Just need to get it lowered

my new ginger bay Van5colour
my new ginger bay Van1
my new ginger bay Van8
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm

That's a cracking looking Bay!

Before you rush to get it lowered, make sure you read through the various posts people have made about the effect it has on the ride and steering.

You've got the high level rear brake light so in model terms yours is a 2010.

Don't forget to give us the detail about what the interior's like and what other mods you're planning. Oh and if you can make any of the meets it'd be great to see you there!

Tim

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

my new ginger bay Melogo11
Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

Cabin : Economy

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. Low is good, lower is better Billy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:13 am

Billyelaine. How have you dropped yours? Is there an issue with the gap between the tyre and the inner arch, doesn't look like much clearance.

Would love to have it sitting on the floor but will probably go down about 3-4 inches.

Got the basic Amigo interior, need to be able to get my boards and bikes in it as well, will be used mostly for weekend bike and surf trips.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 am

Excellent. I use mine weekly for mountain bike runs. Recommend the Fiamma rear hatch rack for the bikes but it does leak a bit at the top where the seal gets indented. I've had a go at adjusting it a number of times but without success. I just remember to wipe the inside of the hatch area after I've used the jetwash/hose. Where to put the boards is another matter!

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:58 pm

my new ginger bay 293Hi, 3" sounds about right. Ours was lowered by Danbury from new and have had no problems at all. I guess from our user pic the bus looks lower because the front door is open. Billy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 pm

That does look cool Billy! Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 pm

ritchiemutley wrote:
ive just had mine lowered by vw kamper and was told 3" was the perfect drop,taking their advice (because of ian and mikes knowledge) thats what i went for and it looks and works a treat.

Be great to see some pix of your Bay Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:52 am

billyelaine wrote:
my new ginger bay 293Hi, 3" sounds about right. Ours was lowered by Danbury from new and have had no problems at all. I guess from our user pic the bus looks lower because the front door is open. Billy

What size wheels and tyres do you have?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:54 am

hi nice bay get it low the brazilian bays have a hard ride and stiff steering now my bay is low no need to slam brakes on at all the bends as no body role and it looks way better the brazilian is to high at the front look like a 4x4 my new ginger bay Pugwash-thumb my new ginger bay 2010_02120001 my new ginger bay Pick021 my new ginger bay Lowbay even with standard wheel looks better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 am

Hi, nice to meet you. I had mine lowered by Paul, from VW Downunder. I'm very happy with the way it drives. I love the colour, so vibrant. We couldn't decide which colour, so stayed with the white and added a little bit of trim.

Kaz
xx clown

Ko Lanta, the island of my dreams . . . .
Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Kiteman,

We've got 185/60R/15 fitted to MWS (midland wheel services) Fuch repros. Think they would look good against the orange. Billy Cool
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:53 pm

A couple of pics of the interior.
As stated above got the basic Amigo interior, just need to get the floor area done then all will be good to go, not sure weather to board and tile it out or just wack a carpet down.

my new ginger bay Int1
my new ginger bay Int2

My door panels that I sprayed up as well

my new ginger bay Door

Last edited by kiteman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Love the tango coloured curtains - very '70s!

Are the seats leather or vinyl? Warm or cold - am thinking about gettting mine covered in the future.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:42 pm

The seats are vinyl. There're cold when you first sit on them but soon warm up, not sure about sleeping on them yet. As for warm weather can't say, at this rate maybe never Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeh too right. Think I should pack a couple of electric blankets for our trip next week.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Decide to paint the door mirrors as they didn't look right in black.

my new ginger bay Mirrors
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Nice idea. The standard mirrors do give you a much better view ....

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Got the floor finished in the back now and changed the standard table for a skimboard instead, think I'm finally finished and ready for the summer.

my new ginger bay Floor
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Neat!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Very neat Smile

Madmatz??
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 am

Madmatz it was. Looked at other options but they seemed the best for what I wanted. Didn't go for the kits, just got the tiles.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:47 am

Looks a pro job. I really want the grey door sill protecting strip that seems to have been fitted on the Kombi for a couple of years now. Anyone know where a replica can be sourced? I know you can buy a metal trim but I'm not happy to drill holes for it to stay in place.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 pm

For the door sill itself I used E-TECH sill guard, it's just a rubber strip you can stick directly onto floor, then boarded the back out with exterior ply, glued the tiles onto that and screwed the metal protector on top.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay EmptyTue May 05, 2015 9:06 am

Think this was my first post. Can't believe how much she's grown up over the years I love you

my new ginger bay Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my new ginger bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new ginger bay   my new ginger bay Empty

Back to top Go down

my new ginger bay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next