brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Good Friday in Swaledale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

Good Friday in Swaledale Empty
PostSubject: Good Friday in Swaledale   Good Friday in Swaledale EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:53 am

Going to our static in Sedbergh over Easter but first we're driving up to Tan Hill Inn for Good Friday and Tracy the landlady has given us permisison to park up outside overnight.

One of my favourite pubs - shame the Northern lights display has finished.

Pics to follow after Easter.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: Good Friday in Swaledale   Good Friday in Swaledale EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 pm

That should be a cracking trip as long as it's not snowing - it often is up there at Easter and you wouldn't want to be snowed in a pub for days on end would you ! If I'm not working I might try and tempt Priscilla into a jaunt in that direction.

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Good Friday in Swaledale   Good Friday in Swaledale EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:35 pm

It woud be great to see you if you're about - I can just about live with being snowed in.

We were last up there about 4 years ago - a truly unique place. Wish I'd been there for the Northern Lights in January.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Good Friday in Swaledale   Good Friday in Swaledale EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:44 pm

If Ruds is not "working" we may be going to the Dales for Easter too so perhaps we will see you there Very Happy

Last time when we went to Tan Hill last autumn we decided we need a bit of walking so we left Rudi in Keld and walk all the way to Tan Hill with our toddler in the pushchair. We had our lunch and when we set off to walk back it started raining.... and sleeting.. and snowing... and all sorts. And it was very windy too... Laughing Young Mr T was quite happy under his rain cover but we were so soaked and frozen that we were soooo delighted when finally we got back inside our Ruds Wink

I love Dales!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Good Friday in Swaledale   Good Friday in Swaledale EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Walmsleys wrote:

Wish I'd been there for the Northern Lights in January.

You might be lucky. It's all to do with solar storm activity. It normally takes about 1 or 2 days for a solar flare to reach the Earth. There's one due to hit today.

You just need some good sun spot activity just before your leave and you'll be in luck.

Good Friday in Swaledale Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Friday in Swaledale   Good Friday in Swaledale Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Friday in Swaledale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Great Bay Trips-
Jump to: