brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

News about the BraziBay for 2013

Go down 
+3
olive
TimV
michel_bonn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

News about the BraziBay for 2013 Empty
PostSubject: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:41 pm

i have new infos from brazil. i have infos from this week about : ABS and airbag in the new brazils.

till the year 2013 will be new orders from the land brazil for bigger cars, campers and suvś . so the brazil bay t2c is with it.
in the year 2013 the cars must be built with abs and with airbags. the abs is still testing and it works on the car good.
the airbags will be built in the older dashboard from the car because it dont goes -works good in the new cars.
this infos are from this week.
i have a newspaper read with the order to all car factories from brazil.
the text is in "portugisisch".
the infos are on my homepage too to read at: http://www.vw-t2c.de/historie-brasilien-bus/

picutres form it and infos are on the link on my page. i hope it is interesting to you.
i dont know that the info are new for you, but for me it is the newst info i have.
all the best to you all
michel
hope of answers :-)

________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Looks like brilliant news and I like the new dash albeit it having appeared before.

Here's the crux of the article in a somewhat mismatched translation:

News about the BraziBay for 2013 Kombi_10

Article courtesy of http://autossegredos.com.br/

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

News about the BraziBay for 2013 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:21 am

the tranlation is better as from me :-) that was the reason for do it not translate to you :-))

thanks tim ;-))))

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:04 am

Great news to keep it in production, that will help us existing BraziBay owners for parts. I guess for any new BraziBay owner the price will increase for the new additions. My only concern is the current price is just below 40k, this increase if any may tip the Kombi over that which may have an impact in affordability. We will need to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:40 am

Agree with you there Olive, this is great for continued production, however, the price of a van in the UK will be astronomical.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:52 am

Hopefully keep the second hand prices 'our generation' of Brazi's stable though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:00 am

The abs and airbag mods are mandatory in the home market so VW will have to keep any increase in price there to a minimum, otherwise buyers will just go for something else and it will have been pointless changing the design.

Over here, sure it's a different matter and these welcome enhancements may attract a higher retail price, but there does come a time where you can price yourself out of the market and sales will fall. There will also be the issue of a rhd conversion. The padded dash is ambidextrous but once you start fitting airbag systems and abs in, swapping everything over may be complicated. It could well be that future buyers will only be able to have a lhd Kombi, and that will need to be reflected in the price.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
haum

haum

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Agree. Furthermore I am not sure if the Airbags will be an essential part within the unchanged and pretty poor (at least to modern cars) "crash-test-quality" of the Kombi...
I am happy to have the traditional Aircooled without any technical addings Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.vw-b.us
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:58 pm

haum wrote:
Agree. Furthermore I am not sure if the Airbags will be an essential part within the unchanged and pretty poor (at least to modern cars) "crash-test-quality" of the Kombi...

I think it's more of a case of 'compliance' than anything else. I'd welcome ABS and Airbags - the folks in the United States would go crazy as it may make the Kombi North America friendly again. I can imagine the queues at the dealerships now. Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Greater demand from the US may keep the factory prices down as greater demand means higher production which keeps costs down. All sounds positive.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Except there's no way Volkswagen of America will allow it - they want people buying either a T5 or better still, the new Microbus which has effectively been designed for the North American market.

However, if the legislation is met by the Kombis' new level of kit, they won't be able to stop importing ..... Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Can't see it being too difficult to swap to RHD it's only just a matter of moving a few more wires.

News about the BraziBay for 2013 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News about the BraziBay for 2013   News about the BraziBay for 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

News about the BraziBay for 2013
Page 1 of 1