brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors   Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:36 pm

When I changed Max's look recently I purchased some black Classic style mirrors which are made of plastic. They're fine apart from the fact they vibrate in position something chronic. So having decided I like the 'black' look, I chose to re-use the first set of stainless steel classic mirrors I bought back in 2009 for Max. They had corroded somewhat so I was happy to paint them. It got me thinking that you could actually paint them any colour you like. Here's how I went about it ...

Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone10
Give them a good douse in surface cleaner now (alcohol spray) to remove any wax or oil.
Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone11
Then having primed them go for your chosen colour, in my case it's satin black .....
Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone12
Let them dry then prep them for fitting to your BraziBay ....
Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone13
Wind the securing nut onto the thread as far as it will go to give as much 'leading' thread as possible in the cab door. Now mask around the fixing hole .....
Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone15
Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone14
Get the mirror position right, then lock it off with a 19mm spanner. Be careful not to overtighten as you don't want to do damage a) to the securing thread/nut and b) the door, because that's going to ruin your day. Take it easy and do it just tight enough to prevent easy movement. If necessary go out for a drive to test the strength of the fixing. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!!
Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Iphone16
Job done! Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors   Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Nice job Tim goes with your new theme, I think I would of painted the securing nut aswell though.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors   Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:45 pm

I used the ones that came with the black plastic mirrors - they were already black.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors   Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Fair enough they just looked lighter in the pic to me.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors   Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Great job Tim but it's made a right mess of your table tennis table!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors   Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitting (colour-coded) Classic Mirrors
Page 1 of 1