brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

seatbelt advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorry

Cabin : Club

seatbelt advice  Empty
PostSubject: seatbelt advice    seatbelt advice  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:37 am

Hello we've now collected our lovely camper van (which had been in the loving care of Max and Anna) and we had a slightly cautious drive home- (the gear box and LHD take some getting used to!).

Now we are getting down to readying ourselves for some adventures. Firstly we need to put some full seat belts in the back, so that the baby seat can go in the back. Does anyone have any recommendations of where/who is good to do this in the South East area (we are based in Bracknell).

Many thanks

Lori and Al
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

seatbelt advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: seatbelt advice    seatbelt advice  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 pm

which type of baby seat is it, I can just about get the side 3 point around a rear facing seat if you wiggle in in the belts seem quite short, some of the forward facing ones I find the shoulder mounting point is high and they are not very secure, I know its not ideal but the most secure and best belt if its only one child is the front passenger seat, sorry cant help directly I'm sure someone who can will be along soon, out van was supplied by Danbury with two 3 point belts in rear (5 seats)

enjoy your new camper Smile
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

seatbelt advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: seatbelt advice    seatbelt advice  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Have a read of this

Babies in a Brazilian

________________________________________________________________________________
seatbelt advice  Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Lorry

seatbelt advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: seatbelt advice    seatbelt advice  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks for the info. I found the Babies in Brazilian tag really useful- it's a minefield out there! The front seat does work with our current seat but he's nearly grown out of it. Our baby (Otto) is 6months and nearly 9kg so we were thinking of switching to a forward facing, but i've just read that law has just changed and they have to stay in rear facing now until 15months! Maybe we can put him on the roof rack!
It's good to hear people having great fun camping with babies/toddlers.
Thanks for all the advice.
Lory, Al and Otto
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

seatbelt advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: seatbelt advice    seatbelt advice  EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:32 am

are you certain on the 15 months, my 13 month old is in a recaro young sport http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/child-seats/young-sport.php

working on that he holds his head up to a suitable strength etc he had well out grown his rear facing seat, these are not cheap but last years as they split down, as the child grows, I also like the side protection, ,y 7 years old is still in his I think its 9 to 35 kg it states 9 months old on the web and I'm sure Riley was in his from around then

I found demon tweeks were cheapest supplier, it does fit in the rear of my camper using the Danbury supplied 3 point belt but you do have to swing on the belts a bit to get them tight to stop it slipping, once it properly its fine
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
Sponsored content

seatbelt advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: seatbelt advice    seatbelt advice  Empty

Back to top Go down

seatbelt advice
Page 1 of 1