brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Camping Gas - Silly Question

Go down 
+5
sundialsoft
bobbo12
Bumble
beakyboy
RickHarris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RickHarris

RickHarris

Cabin : Club

Camping Gas - Silly Question Empty
PostSubject: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:43 am

I’m very new to this hence obviously answered question! Where can I buy a refil bottle of camping gas for my late T2? It’s the Blue Butane and I think 15kgs. Does the brand matter for fitting into the compartment. I’m in West London if anyone knows somewhere local. Running out really ruined my first attempt at a cupper!
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 9:10 am

I'm assuming it's a 907 Bottle. My local BP Garage stocks those and I know Go Outdoor do the refills and believe some Halfords stores do too... If you have any caravan sellers or caravan parks/campsites local to you most will hold the refills in stock..

Hope this helps..

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Depending on how soon you need one, you could always buy a spare from eBay? Then you have a spare to swap out when you get near the bottom (however you judge that - I never can!)

Also is it camping gaz or calor gas?

P.
Back to top Go down
bobbo12

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 4:27 pm

It does seem that there are fewer places stocking the 907 cylinder. However the "Camping Gaz" website does list numerous stockists, and there are plenty of them, but not all will exchange the cylinders. You can get a "GASLOW  2.7 Kg LPG" cylinder which is refillable at any petrol station which supplies LPG" It is much cheaper than Camping Gaz and can be refilled even when the cylinder is not empty so you can be sure you wont run out on site. Unfortunately it will cost over £200 to buy the kit. I keep meaning to weigh my full cylinder so that I can check later if 2.7 Kg has been used yet. Never get round to it though.
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Have you checked the bottle out to see which one it is? The 15kg one is pretty big. My T2 has the 4.5 kg blue bottle.

________________________________________________________________________________
what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 am

Most camp sites stock 907 and you can get them in most of Europe and the size is good some bottles are very big and take up a lot of space for the amount of gas you will use for cooking I would stick with 907
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 pm

There are plenty of places that sell them apart from the ones listed on the Campingaz website. Try calling your local caravan dealer. I use one of those portable luggage scales to check the weight before we go on a trip. It's more accurate if you remove the cylinder completely, but just weighing it in situ will give you a reasonable guide.
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Voyager wrote:
There are plenty of places that sell them apart from the ones listed on the Campingaz website. Try calling your local caravan dealer. I use one of those portable luggage scales to check the weight before we go on a trip. It's more accurate if you remove the cylinder completely, but just weighing it in situ will give you a reasonable guide.

That`s good advice Voyager, my cylinder was new when i got the van but I've never weighed. Something else to check before spring

Last edited by Dee James on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnotherBlueOne

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 pm

Some built-in scales under the gas bottle would be fab...I feel some googling and a mod coming on...! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm

AnotherBlueOne wrote:
Some built-in scales under the gas bottle would be fab...I feel some googling and a mod coming on...! Rolling Eyes

That's a good idea. You'd need one which weighs up to 10kg, shallow depth, small enough to go into the gas enclosure but big enough to put the bottle on top. Amazon have got loads of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping Gas - Silly Question   Camping Gas - Silly Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping Gas - Silly Question
Page 1 of 1