brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

BraziBay needing some TLC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Wanderer

Cabin : Club

BraziBay needing some TLC Empty
PostSubject: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Tim, and all forum members.
I have a Brazilian Kombi water cooled since 2012. Sadly the last few years have not been kind to it’s bodywork and it’s original fire engine red is quite badly faded and some rust patches have broken out.
I am hoping that 2018 is the year I can return her to former glory. Can you recommend an outfit who would be interested to quote for some body repairs and full re-spray? I would send some picks so they could provide realistic price guide.
I live in Windsor area,.
If you wanted to phone instead I am on 07788 694985, any leads to quality spray painters appreciated, thanks.

Graham
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 am

I have just dropped 'Nev' off at 'VW camper company' in Banbury - I was impressed with their knowledge and professional set up - a very clean workshop with lots of vehicles in including classic cars - they have a full bodyshop and the work they had done looked great.

Unit 5 Greatworth Park, Banbury OX17 2HB
01295 812266
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 11:02 am

Graham - I use a local independent bodyshop to me and have recommended others go there.

BRM Coachworks in Epsom. They have worked on plenty of old skull VWs over the years and are conveniently located next to Epsom Station.

Give them a buzz. 01372 720222. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

BraziBay needing some TLC Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 pm

TimV wrote:
Graham - I use a local independent bodyshop to me and have recommended others go there.

BRM Coachworks in Epsom.  They have worked on plenty of old skull VWs over the years and are conveniently located next to Epsom Station.

Give them a buzz. 01372 720222. Basketball

I can also recommend BRM, having had three cars excellently repaired there - all damaged by others, not me! lol!

P.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Unfortunately, our experience with BRM has been the reverse of the above, sorry.

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Scooby wrote:
Unfortunately, our experience with BRM has been the reverse of the above, sorry.

So you recommend where as an alternative?

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

BraziBay needing some TLC Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm

We would seek recommendations from elsewhere, having taken Scooby back three times to resolve problems with the original repairs and the overall paint finish still remained poor. Just the facts from our experience. Glad others appear not to have suffered the same experience.

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Brazilian Camper Bodywork Repairs   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Thank you for your suggestions everyone, I will research both these outfits and hopefully get some quotations.

Thanks again.

Graham
Back to top Go down
KustomRevival

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC EmptyThu May 17, 2018 5:32 pm

HI Graham, Hopefully you have managed to find folks to sort your bus out for you now but if not my team at Kustom Revival just outside Brighton will be able to sort out everything your bus needs. For more info check out www.kustomrevival.com Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BraziBay needing some TLC   BraziBay needing some TLC Empty

Back to top Go down

BraziBay needing some TLC
Page 1 of 1