brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New stock at Custom and Commercial

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

New stock at Custom and Commercial Empty
PostSubject: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 am

I was down at Custom and Commercial in Bookham earlier picking up some parts and sorting a misbehaving engine lid lock - do not lose the grub screw that holds the key barrel in place in that lock folks - you will potentially lose the barrel as you drive along!!

Whilst I was there Justin (owner) and I were chatting about BraziBay parts and there were various bits that they had just come in from Brazil that I thought you'd like to know about.

Rear bumpers - already in Candy White - so ready to bolt on.
Front bumpers - in black - but Justin is going to order white ones in too.
Aircooled rear engine valances - specific to the Aircooled BraziBay.

They're going to get some Watercooled rear valances on my recommendation.

Great guys who run this company - please give them a go. Basketball

www.customandcommercial.com

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New stock at Custom and Commercial Melogo11
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 12:06 pm

TimV wrote:
I was down at Custom and Commercial in Bookham earlier picking up some parts and sorting a misbehaving engine lid lock - do not lose the grub screw that holds the key barrel in place in that lock folks - you will potentially lose the barrel as you drive along!!

Whilst I was there Justin (owner) and I were chatting about BraziBay parts and there were various bits that they had just come in from Brazil that I thought you'd like to know about.

Rear bumpers - already in Candy White - so ready to bolt on.
Front bumpers - in black - but Justin is going to order white ones in too.
Aircooled rear engine valances - specific to the Aircooled BraziBay.

They're going to get some Watercooled rear valances on my recommendation.

Great guys who run this company - please give them a go.  Basketball

www.customandcommercial.com

I will buy the rear bumper from them Tim. I will add protection on the inside of the bumper as my existing one has been corroded away, by the exhaust I assume

________________________________________________________________________________
what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Bumper purchased. It's a bonus that it's in white. I'm going to get a litre of undersea and do the inside before it gets mounted.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 7:52 am

Tim, can you identify what part 'Aircooled rear engine valances' is ? I could not tell looking at their site.

(I'm having a chat with a restorer next week so I want to know what's out there)

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:26 am

Have a look at jk they do both and good pictures. These items are in stock I would suggest let your man investigate before you buy just in case you just need a valence. Tim
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 am

https://www.justkampers.com/vw-brazilian-bay-window-parts/body-panels/rear-panels/outer-rear-valance-brazilian-bay-aircooled-models.html

The rear valance is the panel behind the bumper, comprising an inner and outer part. This is the outer, (which I believe is the same as the watercooled, but don't quote me on that) However the inner part is different for the aqua, as the watercooled has three mounting holes for the engine mount.
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:19 am

Marvellous. So is that a bolt on part ? Whatever I'm going to get one as soon as the garage agrees.

I hope to have the van looking pristine by the end of the summer. I have promised my youngest daughter Glasto 2019 in the van so I want her (Sadie the van) to look her best.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm

On the watercooled, it is tack welded to the inner valance along the bottom edge, which is where the rust problem is. I still haven't got round to doing mine Rolling Eyes but when I do, I was thinking of fixing the bottom edge with small BA type countersunk bolts with a couple of washers between the panels so that the water can drain out. I think that at the moment, the water gets trapped in between the panels and causes the rot.

Once the inner and outer panels are joined, it is just a case of a bolt on job as you say.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 pm

Are you sure you need this rear valance @sundialsoft? The Aircooled's suffer a lot less corrosion on that panel than the watercooleds.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New stock at Custom and Commercial Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New stock at Custom and Commercial   New stock at Custom and Commercial Empty

Back to top Go down

New stock at Custom and Commercial
Page 1 of 1