brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Central storage unit

Go down 
+8
Scooby
osg
kiteman
Baydreamer
Matt
dartmoor
TimV
olive
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

Central storage unit Empty
PostSubject: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 pm

I knew I had seen something similar. Have a look at this www.hippokampers.com Its virtually identical to the unit Danbury offer with some added extras. I wonder who came up with the idea first Rolling Eyes But look at the price. I think manufacturers think 'money is no object' when it comes to bus owners.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:03 pm

That is just ridiculous. The answer to the high price is simple - just don't buy it. They'll soon realise they've priced it too high.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Central storage unit Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 pm

TimV wrote:
That is just ridiculous. The answer to the high price is simple - just don't buy it. They'll soon realise they've priced it too high.

Remember if something cost £500, £100 of that is VAT!! Labour and distribution costs are now so high in uk - if its made in Britain I am afraid it will be overpriced....the times we live in!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Still not a good enough reason to buy it though dartmoor.

It's time people got REAL. Overpricing is pointless whether it be a custom console to stick between the front seats or an entire Kombi. Stick an over-inflated price tag on it and no one will buy it.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 am

Dont think they'll be getting many orders. I suspect that even the birch ply they have used is low grade as they are covering it with laminate. Definately a case of make one yourself if you have the need.

Matt.

Central storage unit Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 pm

ive designed some proto types on cad and have asked my cousin to work out some prices for me to build me one. Ill keep you posted but basically it will sit between the two front seats or extend to behind the driver seat on a right hand version incorporating a seated area. Im waiting for the costs but will let you know as soon as I do.
The storage will include space for general cab items, cup holder and lift up lid which my dvd unit will attach to.
Started as a fun way of improving storage and costs might stop the project but ill post any details on the site asap.
Any ideas on what you might expect for the storage area would be appreciated for inspiration!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm

I think it would be handy if any centre storage unit incorporated a 12v plug in socket for charging phones, satnavs etc.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:02 pm

I used to put my compressor fridge between the two front seats - handy for ice cold water on a hot day!
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:46 pm

2007 t2 lhd wrote:
ive designed some proto types on cad and have asked my cousin to work out some prices for me to build me one. Ill keep you posted but basically it will sit between the two front seats or extend to behind the driver seat on a right hand version incorporating a seated area. Im waiting for the costs but will let you know as soon as I do.
The storage will include space for general cab items, cup holder and lift up lid which my dvd unit will attach to.
Started as a fun way of improving storage and costs might stop the project but ill post any details on the site asap.
Any ideas on what you might expect for the storage area would be appreciated for inspiration!!!

Cad drawings sounds good, can you post them on a jpeg for us to download and have a look? I liked the idea on the hippo of having a small drawer on the front edge, this would make it easier to put coins, keys etc in without having to open the complete unit. Also make it high enough to act as an armrest with maybe some form of cushioning. A map holder on the rear end for easy access whilst driving..............tom toms are great but they dont show you the whole picture.
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 pm

thanks for the comments . please keep them coming. I will save them to the site sometime this week as away at the moment. I assume its easy to do so will search the forum for a guide lol
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 pm

olive wrote:
tom toms are great but they dont show you the whole picture.

I'd take Sat Nav everytime over the girlfriends directions

Central storage unit Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 pm

haha i wont go there after after comments i made about my wife last week Smile
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm

2007 t2 lhd wrote:
thanks for the comments . please keep them coming.

Storage tray on top for the mobile and Ipod.

Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 pm

ok guys

dont laugh but in simplistic terms how do i upload a jpg onto this forum!!!
thanks
Paul
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 pm

2007 t2 lhd wrote:
ok guys

dont laugh but in simplistic terms how do i upload a jpg onto this forum!!!
thanks
Paul

Check out

link

Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Central storage unit Cupboa11

Copyright 2007 t2 lhd
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm

just a couple of ideas for you to see.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side! Wink

Don't give all your ideas away - you never know who's watching. pirat

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 pm

hahaha not much to a box on wheels really and happy to inspire others as ive got lots of tips from this forum to help me so happy to share ideas!! the key is in the cost and ive got some more ideas up my sleeve now aswell. Idea
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Maximum width would be 250mm for us
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 pm

I have gone for 230 to avoid seat belt retainer loops and make the unit more easy to move. Also it might be easier using a standard width that the lengths come in to save on cutting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Have you thought how the unit is going to be secured, especially being on wheels.

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Leave the wheels off and secure on the base a baton along the rear edge to keep the unit level as the floor slopes from back to front. This would stop the unit sliding forward when braking.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Some form of velcro should do the trick. lol!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:31 pm

TimV wrote:
Some form of velcro should do the trick. lol!

How about double sided sticky tape Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central storage unit   Central storage unit Empty

Back to top Go down

Central storage unit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next