brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June

Go down 
+17
Skytiger
MarcusH
M1CEY
Scooby
Feliz
stephenjedward
Sunny
dizzylizard
kiteman
Tallulah
Surfwagen Stan
greenjc90
jaredtiller
irishman
harryhornet
dazdub
Ianvwk
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredtiller

jaredtiller

Cabin : Club

Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:44 pm

I have signed up individually, and will phone up tomorrow to transfer onto the team !! I better get training ah!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:44 am

Good man Jared!!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:26 am

The link to join our team isn't working.

Please sign up as an individual and then ring the BHF to get moved onto our team.

Ta

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:31 pm

All signed up and will call BHF to get moved to the team. Is this an opportunity for some nice Brazibay cycle shirts...? Cool
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:32 am

greenjc90 wrote:
All signed up and will call BHF to get moved to the team.  Is this an opportunity for some nice Brazibay cycle shirts...? Cool
Do you know a company that could produce them ? I just had a great hoodie made up at T Shirt Studio but they only do a Long Sleeve Sports shirt , it could still work....

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 am

We had cycle shirts made for our work cycle club by Owayo.co.uk. The more you order the cheaper they get and they were good quality shirts, back pockets, breathable material, quick drying etc. Guess it depends a bit on interest.....? I'm sure they'd be a stylish asset!
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 11:24 am

Will take a look , Sounds a great idea , let's see what the others think...

Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Sounds like a great idea.

Tim can we borrow the logo?

Neal
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Yes we can def use the logo.

Let me check with the supplier of our club clothing because they may well do a cycling top too. Be nice to give them the work.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:33 am

Glad to see the team is taking shape , one or two more participants would be great , nudge nudge
Mr or Mrs Tallulah Very Happy

Dare I mention Training ?? Don't forget the more miles you put in the run up to the ride the better.
Don't be scared of those hills either, building your leg muscles and stamina is a must and hills are the way forward LOL...

Looking forward to it , fingers crossed the sun shines..

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:15 pm

I was sent out this afternoon to purchase a Garmin Edge 200 for Mrs Hornet in preparation for the London to Brighton. Aldi have them on offer at a penny under £70. It looks like a really clever piece of kit and should help to work out how far the finish post is! Aldi actually had a special promotion on cycle gear with lots of useful goodies.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-12-apr/product-detail/ps/p/garmin-edge-200/

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 am

Anyone else joining the team? Everyone welcome - it's more about doing it as a group than going at break neck speed! We won't be doing that! Remember we'll be hooking up with other members of the BraziBunch in Brighton when we get there.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Ok, I'm in, just signed up as a member of the Brazi Bay team.

It's some time since I've cycled more than a few km, better start training!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Just bought a pair a padded shorts ready to get into serious training....with campervan coordinated colour go faster stripes.

Coincidently, I think my wireless Cateye speedo can be switched between kph and mph.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:33 pm

We did a few KMs in France Keith but yes get the bike out and put some miles in those legs.. Always a tad easier if there's someone else to get out with and spur you on but we'll all stay together on the day come what may..

Padded shorts are a great idea Surfwagen Stan wouldn't be without mine, much better than a padded seat cover...

Don't worry about your speed guys , it's a day out , getting out of London is slow , getting into Brighton is slow , Ditchling Beacon is a slow walk or ride if you're brave, i never track my speed when out, I use  the run keeper or starva app and just look at the overall ride when I'm back home... Just try and increase your distance with each ride , speed and stamina will then follow..

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:53 am

Might be worth having a look for some online training plans. I used the 'Asics' plans for my marathons, they only do running though, it slowly builds you up to distance then puts you in a tapering stage to get your body propperly prepped for race day. Sure there will be ones for cycling out there

Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Quote :
I was sent out this afternoon to purchase a Garmin Edge 200

I've got a Garmin Edge - great for biking (especially offroad) although I don't use it much any more.

I used to load routes from Tracklogs but there are lots of options these days.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
greenjc90

greenjc90

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Perhaps we should look at scheduling a training ride at the Sleepover!?
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:00 pm

greenjc90 wrote:

Had though about this myself but there's so much going on over the weekend that I'm not sure we'd find the time but I'll go along with everyone else. Steve

Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:24 pm

beakyboy wrote:
greenjc90 wrote:

Had though about this myself but there's so much going on over the weekend that I'm not sure we'd find the time but I'll go along with everyone else. Steve

How about this, then while you are all training, the rest of us can tap off our own personal EHU's. (A project for Kiteman?)  Very Happy  

https://inhfblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/img_0496.jpg
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Haha Like it Dizzy .. Laughing

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Time to get building me thinks Smile

Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 am

Have shared the sponsorship link with 20+ work colleagues so hopefully a few might donate and will share on facebook a few times in the forthcoming weeks too...

Hopefully a few of you have had your bikes out already , the South East has been experiencing some lovely gusting winds and training has been challenging to say the least.

If anybody is using the Strava App on Android or I Phone (I down loaded the App yesterday) it gives you the ability to follow fellow users and see how their training is going...

Keep cycling....

Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Good work on the sponsor front.

My padded shorts and ASS SAVERS arrived today!!

I run STRAVA but haven't used for ages. My profile name is Sags N (London). See if you can connect!! Its quite addictive and dangerous, especially trying for a segment time and cars get in the way.

Neal

Have fun
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Yep found you Neal and have followed you.. Am pretty good , with my old app I only started it and ended it as there is always a temptation to beat PBs and race against segment times which can be dangerous.. Night off tonight probably try and get out again tomorrow..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June   Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brazilian VW Bay Bike To Brighton - Sunday 21st June
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next