brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New import - help?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

Cabin : Club

New import - help?! Empty
PostSubject: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 5:59 pm

Hello this is new for me! I just imported (just me a private job) a '96 bay from Brazil - it took a long time ...... the shipping agents are getting the Nova for me as I have paid the VAT - but i dont know what is the next step to legalise in the UK... i have looked at the .gov site and even downloaded a V55 form but there are so many questions I cant answer - I hope someone can help?
thanks...
Attachments
New import - help?! Attachmentkombi 2.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(213 Kb) Downloaded 15 times
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 pm

What are the questions?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

New import - help?! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 am

Hi - first of all is filling in a V55 the correct next step after I have the Nova form come through from the clearing agent?
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Looking on DVLA website the V55 Certainly looks like the correct paperwork.

Once the agent has submitted the Customs entry which confirms the taxes have been paid correctly Customs should write to you with your Nova Reference Number. They may well send it to your agent but when we import vehicles we always personally request the correspondence is addressed directly to the importer. I do not believe my company Harbour Shipping imported this for you though.

The completed V55 and Nova letter should then be forwarded to DVLA along with any other supporting paperwork.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm

cool, lets see what happens then... thanks!
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi I have the Nova complete and returned giving me a VIN. now when i fill in the V55 it refers many times to referring to the certificate of conformity - which i wont get one of these will I? or from an IVA - now I was quoted/read/told that I don't need to do an IVA as my vehicle is more than 10 (?) years old.....

help?
Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 4:14 pm

raspberry__ripple wrote:
Hi I have the Nova complete and returned giving me a VIN. now when i fill in the V55 it refers many times to referring to the certificate of conformity - which i wont get one of these will I? or from an IVA - now I was quoted/read/told that I don't need to do an IVA as my vehicle is more than 10 (?) years old.....

help?

You need to email VW UK to request a Certificate of Conformity.

I requested and received them via this email address: type.approval@vwg.co.uk
Remember to include your VIN/Chassis number and your postal address for them to send it to you - mine took about a week.

Include a simple message like:

Dear sirs

Could I please request a Certificate of Conformity for the following vehicle:

VW Kombi van - VIN Chassis Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

My postal address is: XXXXXXXXX

Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 4:19 pm

nice one! I was hanging over the pay button for €109 for this and decided not too if they havent got it and i pay that money - but the email seems safer! thanks
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 pm

one other thing is that the new UK VIN that they have just issued? not the brazilian chassis number?
Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 5:35 pm

raspberry__ripple wrote:
one other thing is that the new UK VIN that they have just issued?  not the brazilian chassis number?

There's only one VIN number - regardless of where it was/has now been issued. The Brazilian chassis number will be the same as the UK VIN number - check it against the stamped/plate number on your van
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am

OK VWG people came back and they dont issue Certificate of Conformity for vehicles 1996 or earlier.... (mines 1996)
so back to square one... i need help to complete the V55/5 - can anyone help with some of the questions like type, variant, weight, CO2,
Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 12:45 pm

raspberry__ripple wrote:
OK VWG people came back and they dont issue Certificate of Conformity for vehicles 1996 or earlier.... (mines 1996)
so back to square one... i need help to complete the V55/5 - can anyone help with some of the questions like type, variant, weight, CO2,

You are in a catch 22 situation then - nobody can tell you the specification of your van over the internet without having sight of the van (photos etc) and the chassis and engine number etc., but you have to careful with sharing details like that. Even then its not guarranteed

Somebody else here might come along, but to be honest we mostly have Brazzers that were imported, registered and supplied by Danbury in Bristol.

You could try another forum - the LateBay.com as they cater for vans from the 70's up to about your age. There are a few on there that have imported beetles from south America so might have gone through this before. There are a few VW owners clubs that seem to be able to provide dating certificates for what you need, but there will be a charge for it:-

https://vwocgb.com/vw-age-certificates/

https://www.historicvws.org.uk/dvla
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks - giving all 3 a go!
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:03 pm

thelatebay.com looks good but they have a registration glitch atm - the other 2 I await their answers.

does anyone have a completed V5C that they could attatch to the forum (with personal details blanked out) so I can copy the tech data?
Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 10:38 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/20/16/15/54/v5510.jpg

can anyone help me with this document?
Attachments
New import - help?! Attachmentv55.jpg
can anyone help to fill in this document?
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(237 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am

Have you looked at the V355/5 "how to complete" guidance form? This suggest that most of the information you require will be included on the Certificate of Conformity , was this supplied with the paperwork you received when you purchased the vehicle?

If not you might need to try and send an email to VW in Brazil quoting the Kombi's chassis number and see what they might be able to provide.

Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 12:30 pm

yes the V55/5 form just says refer to the C.O.C. - I am not able to get a certificate of conformity (Uk/EU) as the year is 1996 and the year VW goes back to is 1996. (they emailed me to say this) Im not able to get anything from Brazil....
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 12:50 pm

raspberry__ripple wrote:
yes the V55/5 form just says refer to the C.O.C. - I am not able to get a certificate of conformity (Uk/EU) as the year is 1996 and the year VW goes back to is 1996. (they emailed me to say this)  Im not able to get anything from Brazil....

Why are you not able to get anything from Brazil ? VW in Brazil still exists , your Kombi was manufactured there so surely they would hold historic information on vehicles they have manufactured?

I don't think anybody on here will have the technical ability to answer the questions I'm afraid , I'd try contacting DVLA explain the situation and see what they suggest.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 5:57 pm

You cannot get a Certificate of Conformity for a Brazilian Kombi. It wasn't built for the European market. The only way I was able to start the process of getting my BraziBay registered in Spain was by having an independent inspection performed - which was relatively straightforward once I'd found someone capable of doing so.

@raspberry_ripple your vehicle is over 10 years old so I don't see why this is problematic. It doesn't need IVA. Just an UK MOT which you can have done on its Brazilian plates and then get swapped over.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 6:07 pm

I did speak to the DVLA - and got someone really helpful, they just said get an MOT fill in the form as best as possible and we will take it from there!

Its in for MOT Tuesday, wish me luck!

Then I am after a local (ish) to west of london to quote for the interior - any ideas?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 pm

As long as it passes an MOT you shouldn't have a problem.

Have you fitted a rear right hand fog light, side repeaters, right hand drive headlamps and speedo sticker in mph? If so ..... no reason to fail.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eamamar

eamamar

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 6:12 am

You need to do an IVA. This is difficult and expensive to pass with such an old vehicle. But, i think when cars are 25+ yes old they are considered vintage, in which case rules are relaxed. So in your case perhaps just wait 1 year and then try to register.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 6:25 am

eamamar wrote:
You need to do an IVA. This is difficult and expensive to pass with such an old vehicle. But, i think when cars are 25+ yes old they are considered vintage, in which case rules are relaxed. So in youo r case perhaps just wait 1 year and then try to register.

I don’t believe this is correct. You don’t need an IVA for a vehicle that is 10 years or older.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
raspberry__ripple

raspberry__ripple

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 11:00 am

i spoke with someone helpful at DVLA (yes really!) and they said get the MOT and send me all the details we will register... so we shall see - I would like to avoid the IVA as well....
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 1:05 pm

You don't need an IVA test.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New import - help?!   New import - help?! Empty

Back to top Go down

New import - help?!
Page 1 of 1