brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

possible new site catigory????

Go down 
+4
Lulu
Scooby
osg
Matt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

possible new site catigory???? Empty
PostSubject: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:45 am

Having just had to replace my bulb over the rear number plate, and the associated haste of trying to work out which of the many bulbs halfords stock would fit, i wondered wether a sticky page listing replacement parts would be of benifit to us, e.g bulbs, wipers, fuses types for what and where, etc....
Being a non mechanical type, i think i would find this info useful at times, what do others think, or would it be a pain to catalogue it all in one place?

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

possible new site catigory???? Img_2014
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:32 am

I think Matt has a good point in asking for a Sticky dealing with common replacement parts and I would add in the common consumables too.

There is already a Sticky named 'AquaBay Maintenance Schedule (compiled by dizzy lizzard) '. This has dealt with engine oil and anti-freeze but nothing forthcoming yet on greases and brakefluid. Also, although it is found only in the Watercooled section of Maintainance/Technical, the need to choose different oils for watercooled and aircooled is highlighted.

It would indeed be useful to have a list that was easily found by both watercooled and aircooled owners and which warned of differences between Air and Aqua where these exist.
osg
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Scooby would appreciate such a list of consumables as he to is not a mechanical type!
Well what can you expect from a Great Dane Laughing
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Yup, get's my vote too, I've got sooooo much to learn!

Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 am

To keep one and all in the picture, I am still working on getting a definitive list for consumables etc, as well as the workshop manual, but its taking longer than I anticipated. With so many variables, it is not that simple, as we found out with the oil! I am OK with the watercooled, as I can get the part numbers from Dizzy, but the aircooled is another thing. Hopefully be able to report back soon. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm sure we can get this sorted, it's just a matter of time really.

I've been busy being part of the team that's brought a new F1 TV channel to life recently.

Congratulations Jenson by the way. Cool

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

possible new site catigory???? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 pm

A great idea, it would be a help to all our 400 members Very Happy
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 pm

At Danbury yesterday for four year major service - some work on rear brakes otherwise all well and good. Lots of completed campers ready to go. Some with smart new upholstery and door cards. Would have liked to have seen the new interior layout ( as shown on pictures from Volksworld) with the flap across between sink and new style kitchen storage unit - unfortunately missed this.

Checked what they are currently using.
So for Watercooled,
Engine oil = 5w30
Gearbox = 70/80
Brake fluid = DOT4
Anti-freeze = VW G12plus

osg
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 pm

I asked Simon about the new interiors with the flap at Volksworld - was hoping he'd give me an idea of how much they would be retro fit but they're so new he doesn't know yet. Looked very practical and would give some much needed extra storage space*

*or i could just bung everything in the trailer!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible new site catigory????   possible new site catigory???? Empty

Back to top Go down

possible new site catigory????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Site Feedback-
Jump to: