brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

bike carrier - for 3 bikes?

Go down 
+5
Roobarb
jj123vw
stephenjedward
TimV
eddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

bike carrier - for 3 bikes? Empty
PostSubject: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:58 pm

can anyone recommend a bike carrier that will take 3 bikes, to fit a brazilian? What a Face
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 pm

I've got the Fiamma T2 rack as sold by Just Kampers. I've only got the 2 bike version but you can get an extension to make it take 3. Dead easy to use.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

bike carrier - for 3 bikes? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 pm

thanks tim, will check that one out
Back to top Go down
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:56 am

eddy wrote:
can anyone recommend a bike carrier that will take 3 bikes, to fit a brazilian? What a Face

ill trump that - i am need a 4 bike rack (or at least 2 x adult, 2 x kids)

I know it will have to probably be tow bar mounted (which I would also need to be installed)

anyone have any recommendations or advice (racks and or towbars)

(that said I guess I could go with 3 bike rack plus kids bike on the roofrack??)

cheers

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 am

Danbury sell a tow bar mounted 4 bike rack (you can still use your tow bar aswell)
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

Jason,

A question I've been trying to get an answer to, maybe you can help?

A four bike tow bar mounted rack is probably good for 60kg, and four adult mountain bikes could certainly weigh that much. If you add a small trailer, you could be looking at a down force of 100kg (trailer nose weight, bikes and rack).

Officially what weight can a T2 take on its tow bar? I've not been able to find an answer, but perhaps with your link to the factory you can find out?

Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 am

Ill ask the question for you. Ive got 4 bikes on mine and tow a loaded Dan Bug trailer and never had any problems...
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
EOS2010

EOS2010

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 am

I got my tow bar fitted at Danbury as part of my deal when buying my new van. the tow bar gives a greater flexibility for bike carriers and towing small trailers. We have a Erde 442 trailer with a hard top and load bars which carry four bikes. we sometimes carry in the trailer a tow bar mounted bike carrier which can take up to 4 bikes and was less than £100 from Halfords. EOS has a spare wheel rear mount, so the tow bar is the recommended solution.

before buying our own van, we hired one from Snailtrail for a week which had a two bike Fiamma carrier on the rear. The carry is a great quality unit but i was not happy the way the top rear door took all the weight which could cause damage and i struggled with the height to lift up a bike to mount without the handle bars banging the van.

i strongly recommend before buying any bike carrying solution look into all types and look at your bikes, to ensure it suits you.

________________________________________________________________________________
Happy camper afro
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:09 am

Just to revive an old topic lol. Any latest recommendations for 2-3 bike carriers for Ruby? There are models with straps to hold in place, can we use the roof channels to mount these like we do with awnings and clamps? Side straps would then fit to rear door sides only and finally, bottom straps to underside. Thanks in anticipation
Tony
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:42 am

2 bike carriers are easy, the Fiamma rear mounted rack does the job quite nicely. An additional 3rd bike add-on can apparently be added but (IMO) that could put lots of strain on the rear door so I don't think it is advisable.

We had the same issue, our son's bike got bigger every few years and is now pretty much the same as an adult bike. I did lots of research into this looking at various options and went for a towbar mounted option called MaxxRaxx in the end.

It fits into a plate mounted behind the towbar, can carry up to 4 bikes (I think there might be a 5 bike version but not sure this would work on a T2), the towbar itself is still available for use IE, for towing a trailer, it includes all its own security to lock the rack to the van and the bikes to the rack, can be tilted to access the engine bay and is easy to fit and remove.

Here is a link to the website, although I bought mine 2nd hand from Enay: www.maxxraxx.co.uk

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 pm

I have a four bike tow-bar mounted rack that I use on my Passat and a two bike version I use on Bumble. Both are made by Buzz rack.

Here's a link to the 2, 3 and 4 bike versions sold by Roofbox.co.uk:-

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?type=summ&emulate=bikegen&query=BUZZ%20RACK

We bought our 4 bike version (Buzz quattro) from them as a water damaged version (so cheaper); this mean the box was water damaged, not that you'd notice with the rack itself! Weight is 20kg. It also tilts, which allow access to the tailgate and has built in locks for each bike.

We bought our two bike version (Buzz rack BB2) second-hand from eBay and have used it round France and Cotswold Water Park, near Swindon Smile (or more correctly to and from France and CWP). Weight is 8kg.

Not sure I'd be too happy with the weight of four bikes on the back of Bumble; that's not based on any particular knowledge, just a gut feeling (but then we're not going to need more than two anyway!)

P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bike carrier - for 3 bikes?   bike carrier - for 3 bikes? Empty

Back to top Go down

bike carrier - for 3 bikes?
Page 1 of 1