brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Tow bar mounted cycle carrier

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Tow bar mounted cycle carrier Empty
PostSubject: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a tow bar mounted cycle carrier that clears the rear mounted spare wheel?

I was hoping for something like the original one supplied by Danbury and not a state of the art Thule thing that costs the same as my mortgage Rolling Eyes

All the best

Scott

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:16 pm

Pendle Defender.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Tow bar mounted cycle carrier Melogo11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Cheers Tim Smile
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am

I have a Thule bike carrier that sits on the tow bar , I however don't have a rear mounted spare wheel so not sure about clearance , sorry !

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 8:33 am

Cheers everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scm_101

scm_101

Cabin : Exec 076

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:15 am

I have the Thule 3 bike carrier, and it's fine with the rear-mounted spare wheel - even with 3 big downhill mountain bikes(!)
It was a bit more expensive, but we have had it for 5 years, use it most weekends, as well as for trips down to the alps, and regularly swap it between a car and the van, and it's still working well (touch wood). I would recommend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Thats great cheers for that. Can I ask do you know the Thule model number? Is it the 957?
Cheers Scott
Back to top Go down
scm_101

scm_101

Cabin : Exec 076

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 2:05 pm

It's a Euroway 923 - it's probably an old model.
Looking at the 927 it looks similar (tilts for access etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 2:31 pm

Cheers Thanks for that Smile
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 10:07 pm

We have the thule ride on 3 (9403) and have the spare wheel Smile we've used it a few times with two bikes and no issues Smile

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 9:28 am

Cheers for that ill look into it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tow bar mounted cycle carrier   Tow bar mounted cycle carrier Empty

Back to top Go down

Tow bar mounted cycle carrier
Page 1 of 1