brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Road Tax Changes Petition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Road Tax Changes Petition Empty
PostSubject: Road Tax Changes Petition   Road Tax Changes Petition EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:54 am

As we all know, the rules about road tax have now changed.  Tax is no longer transferable with the vehicle it is specific to the registered keeper.  So if for instance you are selling a vehicle that has any remaining tax, this will not entitle the new owner to drive the related vehicle on the road.  They must now buy their own tax to use the vehicle.  When DVLA are notified of the change in keeper, the former owner then gets a rebate of whole remaining months of tax.

This means that it is possible for a vehicle to have 2 sets of road tax at any time.  This, I feel, like many others I've discussed this with, is unfair.  There is a petition ongoing to change road tax to be payable by day rather than by month, very much like your car insurance.  This would be a fairer system.  If you agree then please sign the following petition:

Road Tax Petition

Cheers Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Road Tax Changes Petition Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Road Tax Changes Petition   Road Tax Changes Petition EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Good idea. I've signed.
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Road Tax Changes Petition   Road Tax Changes Petition EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 pm

there's also a good use for the empty tax disc idea going round allegedly thought up by a policeman.

instead of removing your tax disc holder, put your vital details in it. In the case of a severe accident, the emergency services would be able to immediately your vital information e.g. blood group, any current health problems, any medications currently taken, allergies etc...

I think its quite a good idea.

________________________________________________________________________________
Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
Ronnie Ringding

Ronnie Ringding

Cabin : Exec 082

PostSubject: Re: Road Tax Changes Petition   Road Tax Changes Petition EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:35 pm

Sounds interesting.
I wonder if Tax disc manufacturers would advertise these to keep them in business.
As a motorcyclist I have an ICE contact in my phone (In Case of Emergency).
This has my next of kin's contact details, my unusual blood type (all us martians have) etc.
I don't know if the emergency services look for the ICE contact, but after a campaign in the biking fraternity I thought, why not. It's free after all.

I am an Engineer. I will fix this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevianlodge.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road Tax Changes Petition   Road Tax Changes Petition Empty

Back to top Go down

Road Tax Changes Petition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: