brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

sticky popers on silver blinds

Go down 
+4
TimV
eddy
olive
bob k
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bob k

Cabin : Club

sticky popers on silver blinds Empty
PostSubject: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 pm

silly question but the stickers on my silver blinds dont stick very well, I have cleaned the glass with Auto Glym glass cleaner but some of them still wont stick, any suggestions please.

Regards Bob K
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Bob,

Have you tried putting a bit of 'spit' behind them before sticking them
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

I had a problem with a couple of stickers supplied, so i bought (i think it was in tescos) an assorted size pack of suckers with hooks attached, for about 99p, they work great and also work on the outside on sill of the van for hooking over a small groundsheet to act as a small privacy curtain (and stops drafts and small furry animals from getting in) between the wheelbase when the awning is attached.

regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Photos please eddy!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

sticky popers on silver blinds Melogo11
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Too many to spit on. A quick wipe to all those on one sheet with the wrung-out washing up sponge works wonders.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm of the lick and spit school, but i might be tempted to re-enroll to the washing-up sponge class

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

sticky popers on silver blinds Img_2014
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:32 pm

eddy wrote:
I had a problem with a couple of stickers supplied, so i bought (i think it was in tescos) an assorted size pack of suckers with hooks attached, for about 99p, they work great and also work on the outside on sill of the van for hooking over a small groundsheet to act as a small privacy curtain (and stops drafts and small furry animals from getting in) between the wheelbase when the awning is attached.

regards,

eddy

Fantastic idea Eddy, lets see it please. We have had a few visitors over the last year so hope this will sort it out
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Weak spit   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

For those with weak or limited spit, a smear of Fairy washing up liquid works very well (there are other brands that may also be suitable) Mad
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 pm

shingwell wrote:
On a related note, I noticed that my suckers were leaving little circles on the windscreen. I've also read that thieves look for little circles on the windscreen for evidence that a satnav is used and probably hidden in the glove box.

Needless to say I've now cleaned my windows!

Never thought of that. Good thinking
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

That's a lot of satnavs stuck all over the place in a Kombi!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

sticky popers on silver blinds Melogo11
Back to top Go down
bob k

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 pm

thank you all for your advice, will definatly try the washing up sponge

Regards Bob k
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:52 pm

lick and stick for me !!! had some little helpers pull them off and they have come through the holes on two of them. pain to get back through which i havent succeeded yet in doing!!! internal stickers also stop the suction so beware when sticking them on the inside!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sticky popers on silver blinds   sticky popers on silver blinds Empty

Back to top Go down

sticky popers on silver blinds
Page 1 of 1