brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen

Go down 
+2
Bumble
scm_101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scm_101

scm_101

Cabin : Exec 076

French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen Empty
PostSubject: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 8:04 am

Hi,
Picked-up our van on Tuesday and heading off to France on Sunday (v excited).
I got a tag for the tolls (eurotunnel had a deal on) so hoping that this might reduce some of the time spent in queues.
Any advice or experience on where on the windscreen this works best?

The instructions for the tag say it needs to go in the 'shaded' area by the rear-view mirror, but my van doesn't have that, and there are heating elements in that area - I'm thinking that the heating elements for the windscreen might affect the signal.
There is a clear (no elements) area on the edge of the screen, but not sure if distance from the centre of the screen will cause a problem.

This is my first post, but the site was very useful for info in helping me 'take the plunge'. Thanks to all of you for sharing this info.

Simon.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi Simon,

I don't have a definitive answer, but you may end up 'waving it about out of the window' at the peage, if it doesn't pick up automatically.

Perhaps not the answer you were waiting for, but at least it will stop you getting too much excess horn from the cars behind you! cheers

P.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 10:54 pm

I've got one arriving tomorrow. I'll have a go at fitting it and post some pictures.
Back to top Go down
jeffb

jeffb

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 9:29 am

Hi,

This support page seems to indicate it is designed to work with heated windscreens..

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/tag-installation

Jeff
Back to top Go down
jeffb

jeffb

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 9:31 am

Sorry, I got that wrong after reading further. Ignore my comment!
Back to top Go down
scm_101

scm_101

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 11:10 am

Thanks for the tips.
I think I'll defer on sticking it to the windscreen (and just wave it around!) until I've tested it on the first few tolls.
I'll update on progress and best permanent fixing position on Monday.

S.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I fitted mine this morning. Halfords sell a sun strip for £5.99 and I bought a roll of it and cut a small piece to length. I cut an aperture the size of the sticky pad on the tag holder so this could be stuck directly onto the windscreen. It's now all in place and should do the job nicely.
French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen Image25
French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen Image26
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Top job HH.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 7:48 pm

TimV wrote:
Top job HH.

....... looks nice, but does it work?! Laughing

P.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Bumble wrote:
TimV wrote:
Top job HH.

....... looks nice, but does it work?!  Laughing

P.

It worked perfectly. I drove straight to the 'T' lane waited for the light to turn green and drove on.
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

Cabin : Exec 055

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Buoyed by the positive comments I have invested in a sanef tag. Intrigued how the shading addition helps block the athermic windscreen. If anyone has any further experiences then please keep adding them to the post! Cheers
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 8:03 pm

I not entirely convinced the shaded area is that important but the instructions clearly state that it is necessary. I'm wondering whether you can get the same effect by putting your sun visor over the tag.
Back to top Go down
scm_101

scm_101

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 am

It works fine in the recommended position behind the mirror. No problem with the heating elements. Happy queue jumping!
Simon.
Back to top Go down
scm_101

scm_101

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 am

Just to confirm, no sun visor or shading required. I think the shading just indicates the "safe/clear" region of an athermic windscreen. So if you have an athermic screen, the shaded areas shows where signals can pass through it. I stuck the tag directly on the screen behind the mirror and it works fine.
On my phone with a poor 3G coo section, So can't post pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen   French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen Empty

Back to top Go down

French (Sanef) Toll Tag with Heated Front Windscreen
Page 1 of 1