brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Vango Kela IV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 12:53 pm

We recently bought a Vango Kela IV and now we've used it a couple of times I thought I would do a quick post.

We got it from Camping & General Canvey Island, as we bought it in store we got 10% off.

Thoughts so far, love it - it provides plenty of usable space and it's really easy to set up although getting it back in the bag has proved a bit of a struggle. f anyone has any folding tips I would love to hear from them . . .

The first time we set it up it was raining and the ground was really muddy, far from ideal so getting the tunnel distance right was a bit of a struggle and after returning home a couple of hours had to be spent giving the ground sheet a really good clean. I did worry as it was filthy but responded very well to some elbow grease and hot soapy water!

The second time out we had the weather on our side so managed to get it all open and pulled out properly. Still struggled to get it back in the bag though . . . Vango Kela IV  20180438
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm

We've got a Vango Attar, which originally came with a sun canopy packed in the same bag as the awning. I've now given up trying to put the sun canopy back in the bag with the awning, but at least it reduces the weight when I want to heave it up onto the roof rack.
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Voyager wrote:
We've got a Vango Attar, which originally came with a sun canopy packed in the same bag as the awning. I've now given up trying to put the sun canopy back in the bag with the awning, but at least it reduces the weight when I want to heave it up onto the roof rack.

For the life of me I can't work out how they got the pump and peg bags in there as well
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm

'Vacuum packed' no doubt!!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Vango Kela IV  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 pm

I had same issue with the size of bag for Vango Kela (about 4 years ago). I contacted vango and explained, and they sent me a bigger bag - was a good bag they sent with wheels too.
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 am

gordonmac wrote:
I had same issue with the size of bag for Vango Kela (about 4 years ago).  I contacted vango and explained, and they sent me a bigger bag - was a good bag they sent with wheels too.

That's interesting, definitely worth a go
Back to top Go down
naskeet

Cabin : Economy

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyMon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Dee James wrote:
We recently bought a Vango Kela IV and now we've used it a couple of times I thought I would do a quick post.

We got it from Camping & General Canvey Island, as we bought it in store we got 10% off.

Thoughts so far, love it - it provides plenty of usable space and it's really easy to set up although getting it back in the bag has proved a bit of a struggle. f anyone has any folding tips I would love to hear from them . . .

The first time we set it up it was raining and the ground was really muddy, far from ideal so getting the tunnel distance right was a bit of a struggle and after returning home a couple of hours had to be spent giving the ground sheet a really good clean. I did worry as it was filthy but responded very well to some elbow grease and hot soapy water!

The second time out we had the weather on our side so managed to get it all open and pulled out properly. Still struggled to get it back in the bag though . . . Vango Kela IV  20180438

Hello Dee.

I live on Canvey Island and have been acquainted with Camping & General for several decades. When I get time, I might take a squint at what's available for my 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan.

________________________________________________________________________________
Regards.

Nigel A. Skeet

Onetime member, technical editor & magazine editor of the Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  EmptyTue May 15, 2018 9:44 am

naskeet wrote:
Dee James wrote:

Hello Dee.

I live on Canvey Island and have been acquainted with Camping & General for several decades. When I get time, I might take a squint at what's available for my 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan.

Hi Nigel,

a marvellous place! drove passed it a few times without noticing it was there, been back a couple of times now

Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vango Kela IV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vango Kela IV    Vango Kela IV  Empty

Back to top Go down

Vango Kela IV
Page 1 of 1