brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Going to a wedding in Scotland

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

Going to a wedding in Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Going to a wedding in Scotland   Going to a wedding in Scotland EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi off to Crear in Scotland next weekend to a wedding 570 miles from our front door any advice appreciated on route through the Lochs to it. thanks Tim
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Going to a wedding in Scotland   Going to a wedding in Scotland EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 9:04 pm

I've been that direction with work and used to go to Dumbarton and then along Loch Lomond but then cut across the headland to Helensburgh on the Military Road (for work) and then up to Garelochhead. But I guess the easy and most direct route would be A82 then A83. The scenery is stunning.
Have a great trip. Will you be wearing a kilt?

________________________________________________________________________________
Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Going to a wedding in Scotland   Going to a wedding in Scotland EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Lovely place to go - I usually go the long road one way (A82/83) and get the ferry from campbeltown back to adrossan on the way back (via arran if you have time). Theres loads to do up there. Some people hop via bute and then portavadie to tarbet but I've not made that trip.
Back to top Go down
buzzinfinity

buzzinfinity

Cabin : Exec 059

PostSubject: Re: Going to a wedding in Scotland   Going to a wedding in Scotland EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 8:45 am

I would totally recommend going through Cowal to Portavadie and using the ferry to Tarbert as the drive through Inveraray and Lochgilphead can seem a long haul and the views through Cowal are much better in my view. The drive to kilberry is also nicer from Tarbert than Lochgilphead - but it is all great - we sometimes go for a weekend to near Kilberry so I know it well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to a wedding in Scotland   Going to a wedding in Scotland Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to a wedding in Scotland
Page 1 of 1