brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire

Go down 
+19
Byo57
jill
Gina Tonic
Dennis
Sunny
kiteman
Tallulah
NorthPoles
Skooby
Roobarb
Skytiger
MarcusH
dazdub
JLS 62
Scooby
pastymaster
dizzylizard
Dalesman
AbsintheKombi
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:46 am

Geoff - how's the weather looking? I know it's due to stop before the weekend but has the rain caused any flooding in the area? Just wondering what the field will be like.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
jill

jill

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

Hi

We're just back from our little tour calling in at Ludlow, Ironbridge, Chester,etc on way up north. Saw friends in Harrogate yesterday and they took us on a tour of the dales in their 4x4 , weather was awful, roads were very flooded and we were very glad not to be driving around in Magda. Sadly weather didn't look to be improving so we decided to drive home late last night. The weather here is bright and sunny so I hope we made the right decision to come home as I would really liked to have stayed longer, but it didn't seem appealing to be camped out in cold wet and windy weather. We're not faint hearted and don't normally let a liitle rain stop play but it really was horrible. I hope your weekend is good, would have come if not on airport duty, and welcoming the son back home. Jill
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:55 pm

jill wrote:
Saw friends in Harrogate yesterday and they took us on a tour of the dales in their 4x4 , weather was awful, roads were very flooded and we were very glad not to be driving around in Magda. Sadly weather didn't look to be improving

What a shame the weather was so awful for your visit. The rain is only just easing up now - I'm stuck at home today river flooded and roads blocked in both directions - if only I hadn't lowered my van! Good News is it usually subsides fairly quickly so we should be fine for Friday.

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Ure10

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
jill

jill

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi
Yep we will be back, it was lovely despite the rain !
Enjoyed lunch in the Blue Lion.

Drive home was quite exciting ,250 miles of strong winds, but not so bad as the drive home from Chesterfield when we bought her,now that was scary.

Revise weather , it's pouring down here too
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh dear, doesn't sound too good at the moment. We are off to Grassington tomorrow, so I just phoned the Wharfedale campsite. They said the site was fine, but the road from Skipton was pretty bad in places. Still it is supposed to stop raining tonight, and assuming it stays reasonably dry then all should be fine.

Well, we're going in the morning anyway. Shocked

Hopefully see you all at Muker on Friday! cheers

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm

See you on Friday, Roobarb.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Sunny's cavities are now filled with Waxoyl (in preparation for all the water up north!). Sure hope the smell goes before the w/e though, as otherwise I won't be getting any sleep. Will be high as a kite though, so suppose there is a trade off.

Checked my lantern and its fine. 200 Watts, so should be good enough to see what's going on now the evenings have drawn in.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 pm

That's great Sunny - did you manage to get away on Sunday before the heavens opened?

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Absinthe wrote:
did you manage to get away on Sunday before the heavens opened?

Yes thanks. Had packed everything up, bar lowering the roof, when the rain started. But that was midday, so not too bad at all. (the campsite let me stay until 1:00, as we were going to The Lamb at Burford for lunch)
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:07 pm

things are drying up now - the river levels have dropped back down but downstream in York it's still pretty bad. The roads should all be open on Friday and the forecast is for cloud, a bit of sunshine and showers. see you all Friday

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Dalesman wrote:
things are drying up now
Good to hear. Was beginning to wonder and worry. Having girted my loins for the long trip north, I'd hate to have to think about a "rain check" Wink Will the field be alright? Would hate to get stuck (memories of CamperJam)
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm sure you're all going to be fine. I just spent 24hrs in Fife where they'd endured some extreme weather but it had all but cleared up by the time I left and was actually sunny and warm.

Then I had a fab trip home on a Brazilian made Embraer 145 Regional Jet. Them Brazilians make a fine aeroplane. No rust in sight!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Melogo11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:03 pm

looking forward to it,yes york is pretty bad aprox 5m above normal by 8am thur,looks like all the water has left Muker!! and hit york,all the better for a gathering !!see you fri
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Sunny wrote:
Dalesman wrote:
things are drying up now
Good to hear. Was beginning to wonder and worry. Having girted my loins for the long trip north, I'd hate to have to think about a "rain check" Wink Will the field be alright? Would hate to get stuck (memories of CamperJam)

this was the field on saturday - there is a hardcore track up the centre, grass is quite long but don't have to drive too far to get parked up. The A1 should be re-opened tomorrow so it will be possible to get up to catterick which is the turning for Richmond and swaledale.

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Usha10

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Looks very nice see you all Friday all have a safe trip Smile
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Dalesman wrote:
[The A1 should be re-opened tomorrow so it will be possible to get up to catterick which is the turning for Richmond and swaledale.
Just heard on the BBC news that they don't know when the A1 will open. Here's hoping it is tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi guys!

Sorry for disappearing again without a word,the new job is maddeningly busy!

Anyway - can't wait for the weekend! Currently in Scotland, it took me 10 hours to get to Lanarkshire on Tuesday, got stuck on A1....

I am so happy nobody chickened out yet and we are going ahead! Providing I will manage to swim back to York tomorrow that is.... Smile

We prepared the batch of Polish sausages to be roasted on fire; hope it won't rain!

We should be there Friday late afternoon - look forward to seeing you all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
Dalesman

Dalesman

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 am

Sunny wrote:
Dalesman wrote:
[The A1 should be re-opened tomorrow so it will be possible to get up to catterick which is the turning for Richmond and swaledale.
Just heard on the BBC news that they don't know when the A1 will open. Here's hoping it is tomorrow.

An alternative route would be up the M6 to the Kendal turn-off then A684 via Sedbergh and Hawes and over the Buttertubs Pass into Swaledale. I'll be driving over the Buttertubs its a spectacular road and quite Kombi Friendly.

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Butter10

Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 am

Lovely day in Sheffield today- hope the sun is shining in Muker
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 am

That's our route too Geoff - provided Absinthe has come back from the body shop* by tonight!

Northern meet in a Landrover otherwise - would we be allowed to attend? Embarassed

See you all tomorrow.

*UPDATE* Gavin's rung Alison to say that Absinthe will definitely be back tonight - phew...

Star Kombi Winner 2015

Last edited by Absinthe on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 am

Weather seems to be improving, hope you all have a good time.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Signat11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Go Little Swale

Strictly speaking this is the road from Sedbergh to Hawes so not Swaledale but you get the picture. Jake Thackray was from Leeds but had a strong affiliation with the Dales and often appeared on tv in the late 60s and early 70s, particularly on Bernard Braden's programme and its successor, That's LIfe.

Lyrics

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Absinthe wrote:
Go Little Swale

Strictly speaking this is the road from Sedbergh to Hawes so not Swaledale but you get the picture. Jake Thackray was from Leeds but had a strong affiliation with the Dales and often appeared on tv in the late 60s and early 70s, particularly on Bernard Braden's programme and its successor, That's LIfe.

Lyrics

Great! I've got 120 Jake Thackray songs on my iPod - so that's Saturday nights music sorted

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:47 pm

That's brilliant, Geoff - I thought I was the only one!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm

A1 open ,one lane in places but open
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next