brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Hi, very pleased to meet you all.

Go down 
+2
TimV
KoLantaKaz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

Cabin : Economy

Hi, very pleased to meet you all. Empty
PostSubject: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Helloooo

I bought my 06 aircooled bay from the lovely Paul @ vwdownunder back in Jan 07. She has been fitted with a pop top from O'Connors, I believe she was the first (guinea pig) Brazibay they fitted one too. I wouldn't say that she was finished off perfectly, but has never leaked and taken a fair bit of bashing from my boy's!! I was supposed to take her back to Paul to get the whole roof re-sprayed white, but haven't made the round trip back there yet!

I'm hoping to make a few shows and festi's this year, Glastonbury and Camp Bestival all booked!!

I live in Swindon, but don't tell anyone, (very embarrassing!) was a temporary move, and still trying to escape!

Will post some pics soon

Bye for now
Karen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey Karen - welcome Very Happy

Got any pix of your BraziBay to share with us? Don't be shy!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Hi, very pleased to meet you all. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi, very pleased to meet you all. Dotty212[img][/img]

here she is . .
DottyII
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Now that's a cool looking lady!

I see what you mean about the front trim on the roof but it kinda works with the black of the air vent grille. DottyII looks low enough to go in the garage - can she? Perfect if she can.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jboa

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Nice van. Like the deluxe chrome trim. I've Been thinking about fitting it to my bay, but all these little accessories add up.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

hi looks cool with the 911 wheels and trim Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Yeh I do like those Fuchs alloys. A set of those is about as close as I'll get to having a Porker over the next few years. Mind you, you can't sleep comfortably in a 911 can you?!

jboa - yeh I like the Deluxe trim as well - how does it attach to the body? Adhesive? Wouldn't want to drill holes NO NO NO - we don't want to encourge self-destruction! I've been toying with the idea of those stainless steel wheel trims to add to Max's shiny bits - not sure if it'll be too much chromey bits though ..... you know what they say ... less is more.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 am

Feeling very welcome, thanks guys. Yes she does fit nicely into the garage, where she is having a little sleep for the winter months! It's the first year she's hibernated as I find it all a bit too cold in the winter months. I have had a propex heater fitted, but got through a bottle of gas within one week! A little too expensive for the school run everyday. I am already excited about driving her again. It's like having a present to unwrap . . .
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 am

Hi Karen - Wheels look cool ! Welcome and dont worry about Swindon - Its not that bad and has the bonus of more round abouts than Ive ever seen anywhere else! Jason www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
pipestrangler

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Karen Hi to you.
Your camper looks brill you must be v happy to own it.
I must confess to being very interested by your comment about your Propex heater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I would be very interested to know how its installed & in what locations in your camper & how & when you use it ???
To be honest I dont think I would use it at all during driving as my bay has a brill heater
But I would concider getting the system fitted if it was good for winter sleep overs ?
If you get time I would love to converse with you about this & your bay ( I got mine from Paul too )
Very best regards
Nick
Back to top Go down
http://nick.sewell@live.co.uk
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

Hi Nick

I must admit, I am a little disappointed with the heater. It works fine but certainly gets through some gas! It is fitted under the r&r bed, housed in a wooden box, very secure. I have a switch for it under my dash. Paul fitted it for me when I bought it from him, brilliant job. Not sure if I would have it again. Not sure what Paul is fitting now.

Hope that helps! Roll on the warmer weather, so we don't need any heaters!

Regards
Karen

Ko Lanta, the island of my dreams . . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, very pleased to meet you all.   Hi, very pleased to meet you all. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, very pleased to meet you all.
Page 1 of 1