brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Let The Transformation Begin

Go down 
+9
Scooby
kiteman
olive
jboa
dazdub
chairboy_paul
Skytiger
TimV
pastymaster
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 am

With regard to the chrome strip on the guttering
We were considering this but thought the pop top might snag/pull it off?
Will watch with interest to see how you get on Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 am

I might try and put them on this afternoon, I'll see how brave we get Laughing

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:46 am

pastymaster wrote:
Still, I suppose there's only so much you can change.

But the fab thing is that you can continually 'mix it up' like I have by swapping Max's wheels. The whitewalls will be back ..... when I feel like it. Wink

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:52 pm

hi somoene stole my vw sign off the front of my spare wheel cover so am now left with the chrome outer with a black plastic cover. Where did you get your board with blue vw on
? looks good.
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 pm

I just bought the board from eBay, gave it a few coats of white spray paint and then bought the blue decal (again through eBay) for the front.

You can always remove the decal and then replace it with anything else that you fancy Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Well after another busy day (what better way to spend a day off Laughing) we've fitted the curtains and had a good wash.

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0714

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0712

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0718

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0704

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0700

Look at the stains on the seats though, shocking. Mad I'll have to clean them up following a leaky roof a while back No

Still, on the plus side the snow foam worked a treat:

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0696

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0705

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0722

Look at that shine Very Happy

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0709

The goods used:

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 P6069763

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Many thanks for the help, ooks like you're having too much fun
Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Dude – that Snowfoam is awesome! Is it just some better type of shampoo? It looks like you can leave it on to work its way through the grime, no?

Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Looks like it's been snowing on your bay nice job looking we cool
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Snow foam is great. I think its really made a difference when cleaning the cars, it just makes everything that much faster.

I'm not 100% on how different standard shampoo is but we've had this bottle of Meguiar's Hyper Wash for a long time now and it certainly lasts. I think the big detailer see it more as a pre-wash thing to get rid of loads of dirt.

All you need is a foam lance to attach to your pressure washer and away you go.

You will be able to get everything cheaper on eBay too. This is just where I got ours from.

All we do is spray a nice thick layer of foam over the van, leave it 10 minutes, give it a gentle rub over with a mit and then rinse off. Job done Very Happy

You could just foam it, leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse, but it doesn't always get all of the thick ground in muck off.

I would certainly recommend giving one a go! It's good fun to be honest Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Certainly makes the camper look all white - then the cool blue Cool

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

I've fitted the new front indicator seals as well now. That was certainly a harder job than I thought it would be.

Still, no condensation now Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Have you considered fitting a rack?
When can we see the camper in the flesh so to speak?
Are you going to CamperJam or the Kombi Sleepover in July?
Sorry, Scooby is just so nosey Laughing

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:29 pm

You're not being nosey Smile

We are definitely looking at getting a rack. The time-travelers one looks good for the price but I'd like to see one before I buy I think.

We can't make CamperJam as we will be at the F1, and we are at the Pagent Of Power when the sleepover is booked.

We will be going to VanFest though if you're going there? Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:23 pm

pastymaster wrote:

We are definitely looking at getting a rack. The time-travelers one looks good for the price but I'd like to see one before I buy I think.

I have just got a time travellers one and am well happy with it well made and a good fit have a look at Roof rack post for pics

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 am

Hey Pastymaster
We are struggling with dates over Vanfest, but still hope to be there

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

pastymaster wrote:

We can't make CamperJam as we will be at the F1, and we are at the Pagent Of Power when the sleepover is booked.

We will be going to VanFest though if you're going there? Very Happy

I have one and its very good, if you feel it isnt deep enough Mick can make it deeper for you. Its a complete welded frame and the slats bolt onto it, it sits on the roof perfectly and doesnt leave any marks on the guttering etc.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:40 am

Great snow foam pic pastymaster! Looks like it must have TFR in it? (Traffic film remover) Not sure what it can do to any polish you may have applied in the past though as it may 'strip' this off too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

dazdub wrote:
pastymaster wrote:

I have just got a time travellers one and am well happy with it well made and a good fit have a look at Roof rack post for pics

Cool, thanks Daz. I'll try and find the pics.

Scooby wrote:
Hey Pastymaster
We are struggling with dates over Vanfest, but still hope to be there

I'm sure we will get to meet up at some point. Are you going to any other events in the near future?

olive wrote:
I have one and its very good, if you feel it isnt deep enough Mick can make it deeper for you. Its a complete welded frame and the slats bolt onto it, it sits on the roof perfectly and doesnt leave any marks on the guttering etc.

It is good to hear how accommodating Mick is. I really should give him a shout Smile

jj123vw wrote:
Great snow foam pic pastymaster! Looks like it must have TFR in it? (Traffic film remover) Not sure what it can do to any polish you may have applied in the past though as it may 'strip' this off too?

I don't think its harsh enough to strip any wax or polish off. We've never really had any problems in the past and use it every time we wash the cars.

It certainly does the job though Cool Very Happy

You need to give it a go Jason. cheers

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Pastymaster

The only other events pencilled in thus far are Volkfest Wales (20th Aug) as we may meet up with our friends from Wales and a Vintage VW Show on our door step in Reading on 25th Sept - see below for details of both

http://www.volksfestwales.org.uk/index.html

http://www.ivanhirst.com/node?page=3

Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Looking good like the few personal touches you have added your really making it your own. It needed the Danbury sign coming off that made a huge improvement (nothing against danbury, just did not look right)

Dilly
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Maybe that should come off then Laughing No one likes it Smile

It was my girlfriends birthday the other day and as its really her van I treated her to a personalised plate.

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0891

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0893

Its a play on T2 DUB, but that one had been taken and this looks a pretty close second to be honest Very Happy

I know we shouldn't run the black and silver ones but they look much better, and for only a tenner it's worth a go!

We've just got to send the stuff off to the DVLA now.

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm

The black and silver ones do look cool pastymaster, but I strongly recommend you don't fit them. They are illegal on a vehicle registered 1st Jan 1973 or newer and now carry a fine of £5000 per set of plates for whoever fits them. I was told this by a pro plate maker recently.

Further any company fitting black and silver number plates to a vehicle they know shouldn't be wearing them is effectively causing any driver of such vehicle to break the law.

Sorry to be a killjoy. Love the new reg though.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Trace had finally been over to the DVLA last week so we've fitted the new plates yesterday.

I think we are just going to leave the black plates for being parked up on the drive as well as shows. We will keep the proper plates on for driving Smile

It's only a two minute job to swap them after all!

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0982

Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 IMG_0979

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:41 pm

They look great! Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let The Transformation Begin   Let The Transformation Begin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let The Transformation Begin
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next