brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Portable Shower Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony880

Tony880

Cabin : Club

Portable Shower Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi Folks. I'm up for having a go at some wild camping over here in NI/Eire. Any suggestions for a portable shower set up. Anything considered from plain old black bag gravity feed type (Argos) to rechargeable usb types and even cigar lighter/crocodile clip arrangements. I would value your input. Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 pm

It all depends on your budget. I’ve used a portable solar shower before and for £10-12 it did the job. It does require the sun to heat the water up but it gets surprisingly hot on a good day.
Portable Shower Suggestions 684c0110
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks HarryHornet. I was thinking of this too. Perhaps even just to preheat the water solar fashion!
Then using some sort of inline electrical pump to take it to a showerhead? Ive seen the usb Ivation type USB drop in a bucket types and they have good pressure for a wee while. Going back to my RC Flying days I had electrical pump to refuel with (did 2L per minute.)
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 am

OK guys. a great solution. Lidl Parkside Portable Pressure Washer. Mains/Cig Lighter or rechargeable battery modes. 60 mins use on full charge apparently. 5 litre detachable water container and 2L per min.
spray is flat fan not conical and is not adjustable but I think its a great bit of kit for wild camping. cpst £39.99. The karcher one in halfords is £125
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 am

Update on Lidle Pressure Washer. I filled the container, placed it out in sun in black bin bag. 2 hours later the water was warm enough for showering.
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 11:53 am

Update on Lidle Pressure Washer. I filled the container, placed it out in sun in black bin bag. 2 hours later the water was warm enough for showering.
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Ive got the portable Karcher one -OC3- and bought the extra nozzle for washing a dog! Heat the water in kettle (make sure not too hot for the plastic) and shower in one of the pop up toilet tents - like this one.

Pop Up Tent

Admittedly its not really "wild camping", more glamping! Black bag idea good - will give it a go.
Back to top Go down
fenderman21

fenderman21

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 2:24 pm

This works great if there are no showers available!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Ltd-4140A0000-PortaShower/dp/B001ULCILM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1530796906&sr=8-19&keywords=hozelock+sprayer
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 2:38 pm

fenderman21 wrote:
This works great if there are no showers available!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Ltd-4140A0000-PortaShower/dp/B001ULCILM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1530796906&sr=8-19&keywords=hozelock+sprayer

Might need one of these to cool down this weekend. sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Portable shower suggestions? Visit Lancashire and step outside the van!
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Usually same in Norn Irn. They say "If you cant see the hills, its raining. If you can, then its going to rain lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portable Shower Suggestions   Portable Shower Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Portable Shower Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: