brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Wind and rain deflectors

Go down 
+3
dazdub
nellyhipkiss
dizzylizard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

Wind and rain deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 am

Being a fresh air fiend, the first thing I bought for Dizzy were wind deflectors for the top of the doors. I went for the clear plastic ones so as to not resrict the view. Dead easy to fit, they push up between the seal and frame, just be lightfingered, as the bit that goes up there is shaved very thin, and was creaking a bit as I did it. Best to slide something thin in first to make it easier. Now I can drive around with the windows down about 2" without getting wet. (Incidentally, while I was checking other posts to see I wasn't repeating anything, saw the entry about central consoles. I don't like anything remotely loose in a vehicle, having experienced a fatal in the 70's when a toolbox shot forward and decapitated the driver at spagetti junction. (pre metal cage behind driver). For same reason I don't keep anything heavy above level of the back of bed. Sorry to be morbid)
Servimg appears to be down at moment so no pic of window
Back to top Go down
nellyhipkiss

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 am

Where did you get the deflectors from?
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:39 am

Just Kampers page 100 in latest cat, or part no. J12185 £27 pair, or J11994 for stainless, £39.50 not sure if those require drilling though.

________________________________________________________________________________
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           Wind and rain deflectors Signat11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Wind and rain deflectors Vw_def10
Herewith pic
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:14 pm

They look good. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Wind and rain deflectors Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Cool addition
Timely also with the change in the weather Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:48 am

I keep looking at these, especially now the 'supposedly' wetter weather is coming with winter. Should solve the misting up of the windows. I remember Denis saying something about having to cut his down to get them to fit.
Do the windows still fully close with them on, or does the window just butt up to the top of it?

Matt.

Wind and rain deflectors Img_2014
Back to top Go down
EOS2010

EOS2010

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 am

I have a pair of plastic ones but initially while driving they sometimes fell out. I spoke to Just Kampers Tech guys about this and they just stated my felt runners were probable worn, which was no help when I have 10 month old van. I found putting a thin double sided sticky rubber pad on the edges which helped holding them in place. I have stuck a review on Just Kampers product regarding this but they have not published my comments.
The only other thing I must point out about this product, if someone is jealous and decide they want them, they simple side off from the outside.

Happy camper afro
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Do the windows still fully close with them on, or does the window just butt up to the top of it?[/quote]

Hi Matt! (oops, senior moment) yes windows fully close, the top edge is sandwiched between the outer edge of the felt runner and the rubber strip that seals the door frame so don't interfere with the window at all. So far no trouble with falling out or theft, but some fixative on top edge wouldn't go amiss, it wouldn't be seen anyway.This is the fragile bit I referred to earlier.
Wind and rain deflectors Vw_def11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wind and rain deflectors   Wind and rain deflectors Empty

Back to top Go down

Wind and rain deflectors
Page 1 of 1