brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

European breakdown cover

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pipestrangler

Cabin : Club

European breakdown cover Empty
PostSubject: European breakdown cover   European breakdown cover EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi all
Just wondered if any of you had any european brakdown cover ??
If so which one would you recomend ??
I was thinking about it as I off to France soon & I was wondering which one to choose ??
Very best regards
Pipestrangler
Back to top Go down
http://nick.sewell@live.co.uk
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown cover   European breakdown cover EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:20 am

Hi pipe

I know this will be a very different suggestion than most you are going to get - but I guess we have an advantage living in europe and knowing what happens a bit more.

Most UK breakdown cover in Europe is only partial cover and there is loads to read in the small print - also many of the agreements that UK brokers including AA and RAC have with local european agencies do not always allow recover of vehicle if it is bigger than a certain size or weight and believe it or not a loaded T2 will be refused loading on most continental breakdown services without an excess charge being incurred. Also many have the first option of fix at local up to a certain time limit - that can mean 5 working days of sitting in a hotel

I know this sounds like shear pessimism but been there got the jacket.

However a solution exists in the form of the German equiv to AA - ADAC

They are used to dealing with large German motorhomes and the German motorhome fraternity ( still the last remaining part of the hitler youth)

Their cover includes the UK as well as is unlimited europe not conditional number of days

They network with national organisations not local call out (even AA in europe depend on local garages mainly)

The link below takes you to the english membership pages ( lots of brit owners of bigger motorhomes use them)

ADAC
Back to top Go down
oldskoolghz

oldskoolghz

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown cover   European breakdown cover EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 5:18 pm

not sure about the need for the ADAC cover. Ive been looking around today for European breakdown cover. RAC Euro breakdown cover looks to be just the job. £213 for 12 months cover.

https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/european-breakdown-cover

Q. What vehicles are eligible for European Cover?

We insure most vehicles types and we also cover vehicles that are towing caravans or trailers so long as they meet the following criteria. The insured vehicle must be one of the following and must be permanently registered in the United Kingdom, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man as a private vehicle: car, motorcycle 121cc or over, motor caravan, motor home, minibus fitted with not more than 17 seats including driver, light van, estate car, MPV, or 4x4 sport utility vehicle.

The vehicle must also have:

A maximum legal laden weight of 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes). This weight is called the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)
Maximum overall dimensions of: length 7m; height 3m; width 2.55m (all including any load carried).
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown cover   European breakdown cover EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Worth checking with your regular insurance provider to see if they will add euro breakdown, ours includes it for an extra £50 or so.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Bruce09

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown cover   European breakdown cover EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 am

Hi. Have checked the policy provided through my bank, Nationwide, and this covers European breakdown. Have read through the small print and campers are covered up to certain size and this will include our Bays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown cover   European breakdown cover Empty

Back to top Go down

European breakdown cover
Page 1 of 1