brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media

Go down 
+5
eddy
jj123vw
irishman
Matt
TimV
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media Empty
PostSubject: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Telly seems to love Brazilian Bays as they pop up on the screen all the time. In fact the way I found my way to buying mine was because I'd seen the Very Late Bay from Snailtrail in a McDonalds commercial.

However the same cannot be said for magazines and other print media. The only mention of a Brazilian Bay that occurs on a frequent basis in Camper and Bus is the Danbury ad - and that's paid for advertising. I think it's a real shame that the model is generally ignored across the VW publication scene. I didn't bother renewing my sub to Camper and Bus because of this.

Anyone got any views on this? Am I wrong? Is there a VW mag that regularly has BraziBays popping up other than on the Danbury ad or in the classifieds? I hope so. Discuss Wink

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:38 am

Campers and all things vw do seem to be very popular at the moment. However, as you say the Brazillian does seem to be ignored. Is it because it is not seen as a 'propper' vw by the enthusiest or because it has a reputation for being of poor build quality? Certainly these are the messages i get from the vw publication scene. Vw camper and bus did have an ongoing item about a brazillian that they had been loaned for a year a while back. Its main thread was about what they had been upto and where they had gone in it. I caught a few of their articles and the writer did seem sad to have to return it after the year. Our van is coming up to its first birthday soon, so it is to early to tell about its ability to withstand the english weather. As to it being a 'propper' vw, well that doesnt bother me. I have my reasons for buying a Brazillian rather than a fully restored old one.
It is up to us as the Brazillian owning community to re-educate the vw scene. Maybe its time we had a Brazillian vw bay.com picnic somewhere and invited some of the publications along to cover and discuss the brazillian way of life

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media Img_2014
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:44 pm

I was contacted by a journalist from 'Field' magazine who wanted to do an article on Brazillian bays, she was given my details via Danbury. I did a long phone interview as well as sending an e mail and pictures. She promised to send me a copy of the mag, heard nothing so far.......
It is a pity that the general VW community appear not to recognise our bays especially the watercooled variants, lets face it if production does end in the next few years, where will people be looking to get hold of vans, I suggest it will be the late bays from Brazil.

This does bring me to a post I was considering.... to wave or not to wave? We have just returned from a fortnight travelling thru Devon and Cornwall, passing many vans both old type 2's, type 25's and splitty's. Some wave, some don't the latter being splitty owners!!!!
Should we not all revel in the fact that we all have campers whatever the variant and celebrate accordingly?
We did stop on the way home today on the M27 to help out a splitty who had broken down, he was very happy to meet a Brazillian aqua bus!!!

Irishman (Nick)

Ps Very excited van fest tickets on door mat when we got home today!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 am

I say always wave, better to wave and grin than frown

Matt.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:36 am

Matt wrote:
I say always wave, better to wave and grin than frown

Completely agree Matt cheers

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am

Wife and I probably look like a right pair of nutters, wave like mad at any old V Dub van!!!!!!

Irishman (Nick)
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:58 am

Hi All - Check out our web site www.danburymotorcaravans.com in September. Hopefully have lots of media coverage under 'In The News' section . I always wave at other VW camper owners whatever the year of build and usually get a wave back :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Brazilian gets a 4 page spread in the latest vw camper & bus!   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:51 am

vw camper & bus (october edition) dropped through the letterboxx this morning and there on front page was a small picture of a brazilian water cooled bay. inside is a 4 page spread (with a bouble page photo) of a lovely looking conversion done by vwdownunder.

Tim, i think you said earlier you dropped your subscribtion to vw c&b because of lack of brazilian coverage, it might be worth checking out this copy when in the newsagents.

best regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 am

Ok thanks eddy.

Maybe they read the thread!?!

Do we know the van in the article?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:58 am

Tim, i dont think so ...van known as "carlos van dango" owner is Glenn, looks really niced spec.
regards,
eddy
Back to top Go down
jboa

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 pm

eddy wrote:
Tim, i dont think so ...van known as "carlos van dango" owner is Glenn, looks really niced spec.
regards,
eddy
If it's a brown one then it's probably the same one on the Downunder website - Does look good.
If you can't wait for the magazine have a look on the downunder website.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Just read the article and its pure class, the photos dont do it justice. I was fortunate to see this bus in the making through some of the early stages of the 'strip down' and near completion. The craftsmanship and attention to detail that Paul puts into his buses is second to none. Its about time the brazilian got some credit and thats what this VW Downunder bus has done. Given a second chance of buying again I know were I would be going. If you read this Paul 'well done' you re one class act.
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:44 pm

olive, fully support your comment re Paul and VW downunder.

on reading further through camper and bus noticed another three page article, on "snailtrail", featuring a bevvy of brazi bays in the accompaying pictures! it must be brazi month!

regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:58 am

Eva features in the October Camper & Bus magazine - small front shot of van and larger shot of interior in the Snail Trail article. Think I'll keep the mag, as useful history if ever sold on.

Sent from the Algarve, Portugal - just me, not the van
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Whereabouts are you stoneyuk? Playing golf by any chance?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Picked up a copy of camper and bus as it had 2 brazilian articles. I thought both were very positive about brazilians. I didnt realise that snailtrail had picked up that many vans, he must be getting a lot of demand.

Matt.

Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 pm

Surrounded by it but golf is not my game. I am in Falasia twixt Vilamoura and Albufueria participating in a running training camp. Beach run this morning followed by swim and breakfast.
Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:18 pm

[quote="irishman"] This does bring me to a post I was considering.... to wave or not to wave? We have just returned from a fortnight travelling thru Devon and Cornwall, passing many vans both old type 2's, type 25's and splitty's. Some wave, some don't the latter being splitty owners!!!!
Should we not all revel in the fact that we all have campers whatever the variant and celebrate accordingly?
We did stop on the way home today on the M27 to help out a splitty who had broken down, he was very happy to meet a Brazillian aqua bus!!!

quote]

We always wave at everything we see although if its raining we don't always see much!!! Sometimes I think we were mad selling Madge (2006 Danbury) for Mr Chips (1966 splitty)! Wish we could have both.
We have seen Brazilian bays in the mag on and off over the years. I think there will be more as the word seems to be spreading.
Was good to see a gathering of Brazilian buses at Vanfest, keep up the good work one and all.
If anyone is going to Brighton Breeze we heve a Brazilian flag we said we'd pass on to the Brazilnuts. alien
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

PostSubject: congratulations Peppa - fame for Brazibays again!   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:27 pm

nice shots of Peppa in the latest edition of VW Camper and Bus....thats fame for the Brazisbays 2 months in a row!

well done Peppa!

best regards,

Bessy & Eddy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah, seen it. Looks good. Eddy you must get your mag through the post cos thats a quick response.
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 pm

yes olive, has been on subscription for over a year now....comes just thst bit earlier than it hits the shelves in the shops, plus worked out a bit cheaper at the time and got a nice khaki brown camper hoody for free!

enjoy the weekend,

eddy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:25 pm

eddy wrote:
yes olive, has been on subscription for over a year now....comes just thst bit earlier than it hits the shelves in the shops, plus worked out a bit cheaper at the time and got a nice khaki brown camper hoody for free!

enjoy the weekend,

eddy

Me too, I got the campervan cookbook, good read with some great shots of buses.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Any mention of Brazilian VW Bay.com going on in any of these features?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Tim,

not that i have seen so far (still have a fair bit of the mag to read).

Paul,

in the text of "show us yours" you said you have had peppa in the family since June and the you have taken the wife to her school Prom in it........ er it may be me but am I struggling with the math on that one?

three pics in show us yours section though is pretty good!

best regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I hope you said 'BrazilianVWBay.com' peppa?

Who knows where they might end up with brazilianbay.com!!??!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media   Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media Empty

Back to top Go down

Coverage of Brazilian Bays by print media
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next