brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

table leg socket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
elliec

elliec

Cabin : Club

table leg socket Empty
PostSubject: table leg socket   table leg socket EmptyMon May 02, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi
So, I decided it would be nice to put down some new vinyl on the floor of my van. But I found that the screws for the table leg socket are very rusty. When I managed to get them out - thought it would look neater to have the socket on top of the new vinyl - I could see daylight! Shocked Looking under the van I see that the socket goes right through the van floor - as do some of the screws - which would explain why they're so rusty.
So, my question is if I take out the socket am I potentially causing myself more problems than if I leave it in place & lay the vinyl over the top & cut a hole for the table leg?

TIA for any helpful replies
Elliec
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

table leg socket Empty
PostSubject: Re: table leg socket   table leg socket EmptyMon May 02, 2022 8:17 pm

I’d put the socket back in on top of the new flooring. Maybe get some new screws. You don’t want to leave a hole in the floor in case you get water ingress.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

table leg socket Melogo11
Back to top Go down
elliec

elliec

table leg socket Empty
PostSubject: Re: table leg socket   table leg socket EmptyMon May 02, 2022 8:30 pm

ThanksTim. I haven't taken the socket out yet as it's pretty jammed in & I was worried about damaging the underside of the van. The daylight I could see was through the screw holes!
I'm thinking that I'll leave it in place, put in new screws and put the vinyl over the top with a carefully cut hole for the leg.
Any suggestions for what I could put underneath the new screws to stop them rusting! A slick of underseal maybe?
X
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

table leg socket Empty
PostSubject: Re: table leg socket   table leg socket EmptyMon May 02, 2022 8:46 pm

If you leave the socket under the new flooring it will cause a bump. The socket has sealant holding it in place. Use new black sealant when you refit the socket on both that and the screws.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

table leg socket Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Yorkie John

table leg socket Empty
PostSubject: Re: table leg socket   table leg socket EmptyFri May 13, 2022 9:34 am

Good morning,
You could replace the screws with stainless ones or use stainless bolts, washers and nyloc nuts. All available on eBay. They won't rust!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

table leg socket Empty
PostSubject: Re: table leg socket   table leg socket Empty

Back to top Go down

table leg socket
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: