brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Reversing camera

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

Reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Reversing camera   Reversing camera EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm

When we have the trailer on the back I can't see it all in the mirrors which unnerves me a little so I thought maybe a wireless camera might be a good idea.

Just wondered if anyone had fitted one and could recommend one that was easy to fix.

Alternatively, has anyone fitted a wired solution and has nay good dieas where to fix the screen for viewing?

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversing camera   Reversing camera EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:19 pm

osg has a reversing camera Walmsleys. Sure he can spell out the pros and cons.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Reversing camera Melogo11
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

Reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversing camera   Reversing camera EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Here is the wi-fi camera that I fitted from Maplin

http://www.maplin.co.uk/wireless-colour-reversing-camera-with-3.5-inch-display-and-night-vision-222320

I used the brackets supplied to mount the display screen in the glove compartment - so not obvious in the cab when parked up. Easy from there to connect to the cigarette lighter and just have to lift the compartment lid to see the screen.

I fitted the camera to the rear number-plate - not sure about other alternatives
The aerial wire goes through an existing hole in the engine hatch and is taped inside the double skin. The wi-fi signal does reach the screen unit OK but I think the picture could be impoved with a better aerial position.

When first turned on the camera takes a few moments to settle the picture.
This made me worry about delays when changing from reverse gear to first and back again when manoeuvering forward then back etc. So instead of connecting the camera to the reversing light circuit I piggybacked the camera to the numberplate light. So turning on the sidelights operates the camera (on all the time at night)
Didn't use the connectors supplied which rely on piercing the insulation on the existing wires. Instead I cut off the connectors and replaced them with ones with an extra lug.

Although the system works OK to be honest I hardly ever use it.
Hope this helps
osg
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

Reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversing camera   Reversing camera EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks osg - food for thought.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sponsored content

Reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversing camera   Reversing camera Empty

Back to top Go down

Reversing camera
Page 1 of 1