brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Litesteer power steering

Go down 
+23
Voyager
Sunshine Daisy
Firebird
jj123vw
Dalesman
Mick
Scooby
neillitesteer
Matt
Footsteps
Dennis
harryhornet
kiteman
Richard
graciebabie
TimV
AbsintheKombi
Carlos
Skytiger
Sunny
dizzylizard
Tallulah
irishman
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

steering - Litesteer power steering Empty
PostSubject: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 am

Great excitement in the 'Mish' household, I'm taking him to Neal at 'Litesteer' in Burwash common on Monday morning to have EPAS fitted. I met Neal on our club stand at volksworld in March, and took my wife over to test drive his late bay which has it fitted a few weeks ago. She was a sceptic until she drove it and heard the price, given that it's our only car we have wanted pas for sometime, however, the cost has always been an issue. So long story short all being well we are having EPAS, reverse parking sensors and an EMPI shifter fitted all for under £2K.
Neal is confident to have it all done by mid week so I can then wash and wax Mish before the sleepover, pictures to follow.......
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 am

We're excited for you too, we met Neil and Gaby at the JK open day and had a quick spin (one handed!) in their late bay then. V nice.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 am

Good news Irishman, will be interested in how it goes, especially the empi, got mine last week. Haven't fitted it as yet, as we are off to Cornwall at end of month, so got it in case I need to do a road side repair. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 am

Can imagine your excitement. Having driven in the gales (with PAS) I'd hate to think what 'regular steering' was like.

Interested in your new shifter. That is one thing I can see myself fitting, as I find 2nd can be quite elusive sometimes. Thankfully not on a steep hill with a stream of cars behind but can't be far off Wink

And parking sensors have been a great help trying to park in tight 'street parking' scenarios.

All in all, good stuff. Bet you can't wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Looking forward to seeing it in action at the sleepover, are you taking the pics during the transformation or is Neil.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:00 pm

I'll take a few at the start then Neal is going to take some, probably leave him my camera to make it easier for me to get them onto the forum.
Back to top Go down
Carlos

Carlos

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Litesteer Power Steering.   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:01 pm

I've got Litesteer fitted to my bus with a german steering box and have recently fitted a narrowed beam, its excellent and has made a vast difference.

The van steering is greatly improved and have driven about 1500 miles of French autoroute, without worring about artics and cross winds or the previous feel of steering a tall ship.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Just home from Litesteer and the power steering is amazing, what a difference! Empi shifter great to, gears are easy to select now, no waggling gear stick anymore, need to pop back and get a new control unit for the reverse parking sensors as the one supplied to litesteer was defective, everything else done regarding that.
Excellent service, and greet workmanship, I will post up pictures later, off out for another drive!!!!! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Bet your are chuffed, does the gearstick end up close to the handbrake release in 1st as has been suggested? Look forward to the installation pics.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm very tempted to invest in this.

I met a Danbury owner at Forton Services on the M6 on Sunday who said she'd had a PAS retro fit from Danbury which she thought was great.

Decisions, decisions...

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
irishman

irishman

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Dizzy, no it doesn't interfere with the handbrake at all, and when in 4th gear it doesn't rub against my leg anymore it's more central, pleasure to select gears now!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Good to know, thanks, that was my only concern.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           steering - Litesteer power steering Signat11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Top banana!
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:16 pm

A few of the many photos taken by Niel of the instalation.steering - Litesteer power steering Litest10

steering - Litesteer power steering Litest14
steering - Litesteer power steering Litest15
steering - Litesteer power steering Litest16
steering - Litesteer power steering Litest17
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:15 pm

I think we should have an autotest with all these PAS Kombis, to show Kombi Kontrol Skills at the Sleepover.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:06 am

Have you noticed irishman's highly technical draught excluder on Mish's brake pedal?

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

steering - Litesteer power steering Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:25 am

TimV wrote:
Have you noticed irishman's highly technical draught excluder on Mish's brake pedal?

Ah yes, the 'sock and cable tie' approach. Simple but effective.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
irishman

irishman

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 am

That's me simple!!
Just back from the school run, which usually serves as my morning upper body workout, however, this morning I might just have to lift a few more cups of tea, it was soooo relaxing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:49 am

Personally,I like a bit of wind up my trouser leg, but when it gets really cold, I don't just think outside the box, i dismantle it,............. I tuck my trousers in my socks. Laughing

Talking of boxes, did they re-use your steering-box, or fit a new/re-conditioned one.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:06 am

He fitted a re con one, as the seals were going on my original.
Back to top Go down
graciebabie

graciebabie

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:17 pm

please can you tell me where to get this power steering equipment so that I can buy one and get it fitted

Grace
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 pm

You can either go direct to Litesteer - they're based in Sussex or to one of their fitting centres.

http://litesteer.com/

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 am

Yes I was surprised too. Apparently they strengthen the Brazilian Box
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am

I suspect that a combination of experience in fitting Kombis with the Litesteer kit and the limited supply of decent rhd steering boxes, have led to this change in procedure.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:27 pm

peppa wrote:
A complete waste of money in my opinion anyway

Your opinion indeed. I think if you drove a Kombi with pas whether from Litesteer or Danbury, you'd change your mind. Regardless it opens up the New T2 to people who wouldn't have considered it otherwise and that can only be a good thing. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering Empty

Back to top Go down

Litesteer power steering
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next