brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire

Go down 
+19
Byo57
jill
Gina Tonic
Dennis
Sunny
kiteman
Tallulah
NorthPoles
Skooby
Roobarb
Skytiger
MarcusH
dazdub
JLS 62
Scooby
pastymaster
dizzylizard
Dalesman
AbsintheKombi
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire Empty
PostSubject: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:47 pm

It's been suggested a couple of times that we Northerners get together for a mini-meet so I thought I'd sound people out as to how feasible this would be.

I was thinking maybe a Fri night/Sat meet up with a stopover and leave on Sunday. A mini Kombi Sleepover but with less happening!

I'm happy to get involved in some organisation although I can't promise to be as good as Tim and the team! Here's a couple of suggested dates later in the year:

24/25/26 August

14/15/16 September

As to venues, I was thinking a site somewhere with a pub nearby so if anyone else has suggestions then we can investigate them. I guess it depends who's interested and where everyone is based.

I won't be checking passports so I'm sure we'd welcome any Midlanders or Southerners who'd like to trek up to join us!* - a warning though: It's grim up North... Very Happy

Let's see how many people are interested and then start the ball rolling.

* or Scots happy to come south!

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015

Last edited by Absinthe on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Welcome Absinthe!

Great idea for a Northern get-together, you can count us in.

Either date is OK for us although the August date being Bank Holiday may be busy.

How long does it take to brew up the Uncle Joe's Vodka? is 2 mths sufficient?

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Geoff - forgot about the BH - maybe Sept would be better then.

UJV only takes a few days so we should be ok!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Love the idea of 'Chapters' , just off out to get my leather jacket, skull and crossbones emblem, and motorcycle chain. lol!
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm

We'd be up for a Northern get together dependent on the dates.

I've got stuff on both of those dates mentioned, but may be able to sort something when it all gets firmed up Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Love the idea of 'Chapters' , just off out to get my leather jacket, skull and crossbones emblem, and motorcycle chain. lol!

OK then, let's get the bikes out too . . .

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire Img_7211

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Pasty. Happy to change dates to fit. Let's see how much interest there is and then try and fit in with as many people as possible.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

That sounds like a plan to me Smile

Thanks Absinthe Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Count me in - dates filling up though.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 pm

yep up for that both dates fine Smile
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 am

Great idea - we would be up for the "It's Grim Up North Sleepover"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Just bumping this up to gauge interest.

Come on you Northerners, let's be 'aving ya!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Absinthe wrote:
* or Scots happy to come south!

Unfortunately August is out for us. The September date would be better the week before as thats our September Weekend and get Monday off. Depends exactly where it is going to be though.

Work just gets in the way of holidays Rolling Eyes

To be fair you might be sued for calling it "It's Grim Up North Sleepover"
as your central to us lol!

Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:19 pm

We live just south of Brum, so the grim north is no further than the sexy south.

Dates permitting, we'd love to join in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skooby

Skooby

Cabin : Exec 046

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:07 pm

I would be interested in a meet up but unfortunately I have other plans Aug bank holiday and plan to go to Cornwall in September

does anyone plan on going to VW North West at Tatton Park on Aug 5th? I went last year and felt a lonely Brazibay in the carpark.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Away in France then Skooby I'm afraid otherwise we'd have gone.

As for the Northern Meet I'm sure we'll all be flexible if there is plenty of interest.

I'll give it until the end of next week and see where we're up to.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi all!

Of course we are keen to join as well! The only reason we did not reply yet were some technical problems with accessing the forum.

As for the dates - Rudi is already booked for both weekends suggested, but hell - we'll come with a tent if needed Wink Although we would rather brought him too

As for a campsite - if we manage to leave our toddler behind I welcome the idea of a site with a pub nearby whole heartedly, if we do not however...hm...from previous experiences it normally looks like that... you are dog tired after all day of chasing the little monkey around the campsite and than when finally it's his bedtime and you can get rid of him and are ready to have some fun...oops - where's everybody gone? In a pub already Neutral And guess where are the lucky parents - drinking miserably on their own... So how about the campsite with campfire instead Wink I know one in Keld ;-)

As for the location - that may depend on where everybody will be coming from. I was initially thinking about the Dales but if we have some people coming from the South we could move the party down South a bit.

Already scheming the revenge for Uncle Joe's vodka... Very Happy with some Polish concotion! Wink

Bison Grass Vodka coctail perhabs...
Or Mad Dog shooters... Wink

And it's not Grim-Up-North! We would have not survived here 8 years if it was Wink

Husband just back from a work trip to Cornwall - apparently it was colder than here hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:36 pm

That's great to hear. Good idea about the campfire - much more inclusive.

Let's get Camperjam out of the way then finalise dates and venue. Looks like we've to an event!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Bison Grass Vodka remains my favourite...

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Can recommend Barn Farm Camping close to Matlock and Bakewell although no open fires and quiet after 10.30 !!
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:09 am

NorthPoles wrote:
So how about the campsite with campfire instead Wink I know one in Keld ;-)

Keld would certainly get our vote - Bakewell sounds too much like the Midlands for a Northern get together but lets see where is central for everybody.

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 am

I must admit I smiled when I thought of Matlock/Bakewell - like you it doesn't seem "Northern" to me but let's see where everyone is based before making a decision.

Keld is beautiful though and ticks all my boxes...

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Ok, you Northerners (and others), I reckon getting a definitive date which suits everyone will be difficult, particulary as we start to enter the holiday season, and the 2 weekends I've suggested so far aren't convenient for everyone, but how about one of these:

31/08, 01/09, 02/09

07/09, 08/09, 09/09

28/09, 29/09, 30/09

If we can agree a date I'll try and start organising something, but Alison and I go away next Wed to France for 3 weeks (yippee!) so I may need to ask someone for some help in picking a site and talking to them.

So far we've had suggestions of Keld and Pateley Bridge but we'll need to try and finalise numbers before we speak to the sites to make sure they can accommodate us.

If any of you can take the reins whilst I'm away that would be great. As you can imagine, I'll be checking in regularly wherever we have 3G or WiFi so I'll do what I can from the other side of La Manche.

I can't promise our event will be as good as the Sleepover or Camperjam but we'll do our best I'm sure. We really need to agree a date first, though, so over to you.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm

As it stands now - Ok apart from the 7-9th September
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Any of those dates work for us

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire   The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brazibay Northern Chapter - 28-30 Sept - Muker, Yorkshire
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next